Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest century

Graham

Conquest century

Post by Graham »

Conquest century for sale
Attachments
387A3585-0F7D-4CB1-B86E-53F323B661A2.png
A758A830-0956-4E0B-B74B-C4CBFB24C9E9.png

silverfox

Re: Conquest century

Post by silverfox »

I will bow to the more learned amongst us, but i always thought the the 'flat dash' as this one was a Mk1 with the spots each side of the rad, where the MkII has the 'inclined' ash wot the spot mounted on the front overiders and the ex mkI spot positions were air intakes.

This seems to me me a mix of the two MkI dash MkII front

Always willing to learn

Ron

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I have a '56 strict Conquest with old style dash but spots on the over riders so there is definitely a crossover. The spot/grill change was due to the change in heater, the later heater requiring venting from the front rather than the scuttle (under the windscreen).
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Daimler were fierce users up of the parts bins when changing models.

Many Conquest "Mk2 - almosts" had the old dash until stocks were used up - the old white faced dials also changed to the black still while the "flat dash" stock was being used up.

You can't even guarantee a car with a Smiths Heater is a MkII either - it was a dealer fitted option at £25!!

The only sure fire way of telling if a strict Conquest is a MkII is the jacking points and the position of the rear seat.
Normal for Norfolk

silverfox

Post by silverfox »

What are the different jacking points , and the rear seat position....for future reference

Thanks

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Jacking points moved from the sides of the chassis to the ends and the rear seat was moved back 4" (Centurys had these from inception)

You cannot fit a MkI rear seat in a MkII...........................

It's difficult, therefore, to identify a MkII Century, if it's an "almost", but easy to identify a strict Conquest MkII
Normal for Norfolk

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Neil,

I haven't looked this up, but I think that the chassis (jacking point) change occurred during Mark I production. I believe that if a car has side jacking points it is a Mark I - but if it doesn't have side jacking points it might be a Mark I or Mark II.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports