Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

not a daimler .. but similar 'class' of car..

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

not a daimler .. but similar 'class' of car..

Post by tjt77 »

John-B
Site Admin

Re: not a daimler .. but similar 'class' of car..

Post by John-B »

$180 for a whole Bentley? Not quite whole as a lot of the front is missing.

Twin SU carbs, that's good!

I can't see enough of the gorgeous long sloping rear end. There was one in Highgate, London, that I used to see occasionally.
1954_Bentley_Continental_R_(HJ_Mulliner_&_Co)_(15409495988).jpg
Photo from Wikimedia Commons
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... 95988).jpg

silverfox

Post by silverfox »

I think the 'k' is missing from the $180

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Apparently someone snapped up B 267 LSP pretty fast.. ad was up for just 2 days..(yes $180K) not quite as elegant as the Mulliner bodied car posted by John.. this was an 'Abbot' fast back.. and one of 1 produced in LHD on a 'continental' chassis....so a very rare car.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

tjt77 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:13 pm Apparently someone snapped up B 267 LSP pretty fast.. ad was up for just 2 days..(yes $180K) not quite as elegant as the Mulliner bodied car posted by John.. this was an 'Abbot' fast back.. and one of 1 produced in LHD on a 'continental' chassis....so a very rare car.
Oh, so it was like this from the back:
Bentley.Continental.R.Abbot.jpg
I prefer the Mulliner version.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

John... yes,thats the body style... apparently the ONLY one made in LHD.. all a matter of taste but the Mulliner Continental fastback was a rally elegant design from almost every angle.. and they they ramain very sought after.. I well remember one locally as a young man in Sussex.. the car stood out as something very special. the Abbot body is super from front.. but compared to the mulliner, it does not quite measure up at rear.. The 'continental' chassis had taller gearing and a higher power output engine, which made the cars capable of very relaxed 80 mph cruising and a top speed in the 100mph range... well ahead of the game in 1952 - '54. its a shame the Majestic Major came on the scene so late..with that very willing and turbine smooth power unit allied to a well styled coach built body it would have been spectacular..