Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1951 Daimler Barker Special Sports

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Registered 28/12/1951 . Mot till August 2019. Registration number LOV 900
Engine reassembled by motor engineer in Shropshire with rebuilt cylinder head and replacement cam shaft.Reconditioned petrol pump, dynamo,starter motor and water pump, re-cored radiator. New fluid flywheel,oil seal, new pinnion seal to rear axle, renewed retaining springs to boot lid. Tyres replaced in 2008 (only approx. 350 miles covered to current mileage). Overhauled braking system, new seal in brake wheel pistons and master cylinder. Petrol tank removed, cleaned, tested and replaced with new copper pipes. New electric regulator, revolution counter overhauled with new gearbox and cable.
Bare metal respray in 2018 in brown over cream. Front seats recovered in 2007/8 also replacement hood. Rear seat and door cards recovered in 2018, plus new headlining and carpet. This car was in a location shot in the 1965 film "The spy who came in from the cold" starring Richard Burton. Looking for offers around £25000. Give me a call on 01948 840638 or email evelyn.onions @ btinternet for further information and photos.

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I am having trouble attaching photos as mine appear to be too large, anyone know what size the photos have to be?

John-B
Site Admin

Re: 1951 Daimler Barker Special Sports

Post by John-B »

1024 x 768 and less than 1MB JPG images is ample for website display. The maximum file size is set at 3MB.
Looking at the log of recent images, they vary between 49KB and 1.6MB although one lot are between 100 and 200KB, another lot between 300 and 600 KB and another lot around 1.2MB.
My camera produces jpg images over 3MB which is unnecessarily large for a website and just fills up the database.

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I don't know how to reduce the size of the photos to put them on here (I have tried but it is a bit beyond my capabilities i'm afraid), so if anyone is interested I will email photos direct.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Geoff wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am I don't know how to reduce the size of the photos to put them on here (I have tried but it is a bit beyond my capabilities i'm afraid), so if anyone is interested I will email photos direct.
Windows computers have "Paint" which you can use to open a photo, edit the size (resize) and save as (with a different filename to avoid overwriting the original).