Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest century coupe for sale

Mcobb

Conquest century coupe for sale

Post by Mcobb »

“FOR SALE”
Reluctantly selling this 1955 conquest century coupe.
Has been in the family for 44 years.
Last time she was on the road we took her to the Penistone Show, her engine was running fine but gear box started playing up on way back. We parked her up and she has not been moved since. Having a young family, other expenses took priority and have done ever since.
She has been stored inside, sheeted up away from elements. A little TLC is all she needs.
As you’ll know not many of these were made (230 ish) so not many of these come up .
This car has also appeared in TV in the sitcom Farrington of the FO and has also been touched by Alan Titchmarsh!
Neither of these will add to the value, just adds to its history and she should be back to her former glory.
Please genuine interest only, any viewings welcolme. West Yorkshire
£4850 Ono
Attachments
695DA85F-764D-4677-A78A-ABE81074DD27.jpeg
28D538FE-0082-4CB0-8CBF-55EA5A0F28A3.jpeg
C36B8F3F-6B6A-4EBC-A6A6-4890A7BCCAA8.jpeg
25E8EA5F-911E-4E1B-9A33-57DCE9EC0D5B.jpeg

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Conquest century coupe for sale

Post by Fossil »

Hello

Is there any history of significant repair or other work done to the car? What is the condition of the body and what is the current mileage?

How was the gearbox playing up? Was it not selecting the gears correctly?

Thank you

Fossil

Mcobb

Post by Mcobb »

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in replying. It has been a bonkers half term and only just picked this up. I have clicked the box to alert me of any future posts so I shouldn’t miss any now.

As I said, the car been in the family since 1974 and my dad did any work on it as he had a workshop. The body & body work is sound. Nothing a good polish wouldn’t sort out. As a collector he also has the history of where he bought it from before that. Also she always been stored inside and was once on display as part of his collection.

As for the gear box, yes, it wouldn’t select the lower gears. We lost 1st first, then 2nd then 3rd started being hit and miss. We got home pretty much in Top by rolling up to lights and praying they would change. It was a number of years ago now but that is a pretty accurate recollection!

Saying that we never lost reverse. 🤔

As for mileage I tried zooming in on the photo with the dial but not clear. I will double check mileage and post back tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest.

Mcobb

Post by Mcobb »

Sorry for the delay in replying. It has been a bonkers half term and only just picked this up. I have clicked to box to alert me of any future posts so I shouldn’t miss any now.

As I said car been in the family since 1974 and my dad did the any work on it as he had a workshop. The body work is sound. Dad had patterns for the wings so they are actually fibreglass. As a collector he has the history of where he bought it from before that. Also alsways been stored inside and was once on display as part of his collection.

As for the gear box, yes, it wouldn’t select the lower gears. We lost 1st first, then 2nd then 3rd started being hit and miss. We got home pretty much in Top by rolling up to lights and praying they would change. It was a number of years ago now but that is a pretty accurate recollection!

Saying that we never lost reverse. 🤔

As for mileage I tried zooming in on the photo with the dial but not clear. I will double check mileage and post back tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest.

Mcobb

Post by Mcobb »

Mileage 99530

Mcobb

Post by Mcobb »

8D63201E-2FAE-4609-8E37-F1C867B1789F.jpeg
Mileage 99530

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hello

Have you sold the coupe (DJ252) yet?

I am co registrar of the DJ252 and would very much like to find out more of the history of the car for our records. The last note we have of it is 2010!

My email address can be found in the back of the Driving Member.

Any info on the history of the car appreciated.

If you have sold it, please let the new owner know we are interested to find out more.

Thanks

Mark K. (aka Squirrel)

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Would you not rather keep the car - as you can't buy forty-four years of ownership - and it sounds to me all you need is some simple gear linkage adjustment which would undoubtedly increase the sale price in any event if you are decided upon selling.

Incidentally, by virtue of the fluid flywheel, you cannot get stuck with a "missing gear" situation, (unless its reverse) as the car will pull away in top or any other gear - just don't do it too often as excessive operation will oveheat the flywheel. If you do have to resort to this method of locomotion only apply just sufficient accelerator pedal to increase speed slowly.

Contact me if you like and I'll talk you though adjusting the gear linkage.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Message from Skinnerpot via forum email:
Hi Squirrel!

Thank you for the email, I have now actually fitted a good second hand box and am out enjoying the car :).

Yes this is the 4 seater, 2 door power hood model. Tonight I will snap some pictures of the chassis number and a few details.

What would you like to know about the history of the car?

Do you know how many of the DHC are surviving? They are incredibly difficult to value.

Kind Regards
Andrew