Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DE27 hearse

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

DE27 hearse

Post by New Dexter »

Matthewsons of Pickering have a DE27 hearse up for auction tomorrow. Apologies for the short notice but I found it only yesterday.

Catalogue link here www.mathewsons.co.uk. I am sure copy and paste would work

Warsash 2

Re: DE27 hearse

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi there is also a 1929 Daimler 20/70 Landaulet Limousine for sale at the same auction.
Regards

Colin

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Are any forum members attending the auction or bidding on the hearse? I read this too late to submit a telephone bid - they needed to be in by 5pm on Friday. With Labradors in the house an estate car has always been part of the Jones fleet I have often pondered swapping the Merc for a hearse conversion! Much more interesting to drive...
I bet that goes for stupid money!!

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

Apparently it's been sold provisionally. One would wonder by whom and for how much There can't be many who would want such a vehicle unless a funeral director. It actually looks quite nice. I was wondering, if the windscreen wasn't too "tall" if the car could be converted to something other than a hearse.
Hearse doors are always taller than those for a limousine probably to allow the wearing of hats? If one could tolerate the fuel consumption it might make a nice short distance vehicle for promoting a business. Just fit blank panels inside the rear side windows and there's room for sign writing. Just a thought...... :D

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks. I did call the auction office to put a " best offer" bid on the car as their listing details suggested. Like you I figured that the demand for a hearse would be low. I was told that my offer of 500 pounds has already been exceeded by a commission bid. Let's hope it doesn't end up being broken up for parts which are then advertised on ebay. Seems very common these days.