Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler DB18

DJH2389

Daimler DB18

Post by DJH2389 »

Hi

Have my Daimler db18 for sale thought I’d list it in here to see what interest I would get.im not putting a price as I’m open to offers.

Does need a paint job but the car is solid and the interior is in my opinion in very good condition. No rips or tears in sits very soft and have been conditioned and maintained very well

Starts and drives all in all a nice little project for someone

Have tried to be very honest message me for details

I have lots of photos can send via WhatsApp or email or messenger.

Thanks for taking interest
Attachments
6F29A08E-7287-45A8-8988-A39D747042CF.jpeg
47EBCBBB-6484-404F-9632-A080ED250992.jpeg
59F4769A-CB24-418C-A263-F35AD21C642D.jpeg

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler DB18

Post by New Dexter »

Just as a general comment. Traditionally Consorts were single colour but it's nice to see one with a more colourful scheme. The better of the duotone system with the darker colour over the lighter. It looks rather nice in that combination

DJH2389

Post by DJH2389 »

Thanks it does look nice just Shame it needs to go but not really sure what it’s true value is!

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Nice colour scheme, just wondered about that number, is it original or is it an age related number as that would greatly affect the value. Syd

DJH2389

Post by DJH2389 »

The reg was with car what value you do you think the ref is worth ?

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

My experience of selling a car with an age related number is that there is resistance to buying and except in exceptional cases, an age related number lowers the value by more than the original number was worth.

The logic is of course that whilst DVLA allow it, reg numbers often have a value more than the car, take off and sell the number and the car must have a lower value.

I guess you need to find out the original number, establish a value, then research the prices cars similar to yours are selling for and adjust the price you can ask to take into account the none original reg number. Syd