Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

2 SPs at H&H Duxford Auction 19 June

AntonyB

2 SPs at H&H Duxford Auction 19 June

Post by AntonyB »

There was mention in an earlier posting about an SP coming up for sale at the H&H Auction at the imperial War Museum on 19 June, but further details (plus another SP) are now listed in the final catalogue.

Briefly Lot 10 - 1959 SP Chassis 100578 estimate £20-25k registration 50 AOG, white.

Lot 107 B Spec estimate £36-40k registration 998 EYX, grey.

Antony

AntonyB

Re: 2 SPs at H&H Duxford Auction 19 June

Post by AntonyB »

As a result of the Forum recent downtime the update from Twickers (I think) following on the auction has been dropped, but I was going to comment that £16,333 (inc. comm) for the 1959 car seems cheap and a bargain for someone, not that I looked at it in person, especially given the prices asked for ones in parts needing a full rebuild.

The second car did not sell but is currently being offered (as are a number of other cars) by H&H for anyone who wants a second chance, though as with other sales they would like to achieve a price near or within the guide price, but of course if one wanted to pay that one would have bid at the auction.

Antony