Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250

Feathers

SP250

Post by Feathers »

Looks like a good one.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: SP250

Post by Sydsmith »

Beauty and very fairly priced I would say. Syd

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Feathers,

Does look very good, about £31,300 seems very fair.

How's your progress coming on your car?

Dennis

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Ozzsp250 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:39 pm Feathers,

Does look very good, about £31,300 seems very fair.

How's your progress coming on your car?

Dennis
Hello Dennis

The body of 100990 is finally ready for gelcoat. I have ecklers gelcoat. Never sprayed that but Tom in Texas gave me some pointers.
The chrome polished up beautifully and the interior leather came out great. I have a new carpet set. When I bought it, I didn’t realize that it had 3 60 spoke and one 48 spoke wire wheels. I had a set of 72 spoke that were in great shape so I had them powder coated and got new rubber.
It had an MG quaife rear end in it and came with the original rebuilt rear and they are swapped out, I have to put the brakes on it and that will be done. Mechanically the car is great and she runs like a sewing machine. I have dynamat and will roll that in before the interior. 3 screws are broken off in the door jams that mount the door locator, those should come out with little pane.
Hopefully the temperature will hold out so I can get her sprayed.
My production isn’t what it used to be. If I go a little faster, I might be able to get out of reverse.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Bit of a strange place to sell an SP, don't you think? Easy to sell anonymously and no buyer protection.
My immediate fear is that it's a con.
If it's too good to be true and all that ......
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I don't understand it but people sell heaps of expensive items on craigslist in the US, again no protection and a lot of scams running. Those folks that like Facebook swear by it and it appears to consume their life, I sure don't understand why selling a $100,000 motor-home on 'free' sites makes sense but each to their own.