Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 21HP Open Tourer 1923

Beat Weibel

Daimler 21HP Open Tourer 1923

Post by Beat Weibel »

Helllo prewar experts

This car is for sale. The seller indicates a type Daimler TB6 21. For me an non-familiar type designation. Any idea what it could mean? Daimler Days are silent in this respect. I could imagine it means Daimler Tourer Body 6 cylinder 21 HP.

Is the car know to this forum and does anybody know something about its history and state?

From the year, I assume it should have a sleeve engine.

Looking forward to any information.

?? 8290

Best regards
Beat
Attachments
front1.jpg
engine1.jpg

Beat Weibel

Re: Daimler 21HP Open Tourer 1923

Post by Beat Weibel »

Found it on page 354 od Daimler Days volume 1:
TB 6 21hp has a 3022c.c sleeve valve engine.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler 21HP Open Tourer 1923

Post by Stan Thomas »

Goodmorning Beat,

From your picture - that certainly is the correct sleeve valve engine for the car, which makes it very rare. Is it all up and running?

Keep us posted if you are seriously considering buying the car and need any further advice.

Regards,

Stan Thomas.