Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 for sale in USA

Ozzsp250

SP250 for sale in USA

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Listed on Ebay in Phoenix, Arizona

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Daimler-S ... Sw2B1d8ZAg

Noted ID is 100402 which is not in pasSPort 2019

I live about 13 miles from the seller if anyone would like me to view it drop me a note.

Mike0Ryan

Re: SP250 for sale in USA

Post by Mike0Ryan »

$95k in restoration costs! And I thought I spent a lot. :o

This car was featured in season 4 episode 8 of Restoration Garage.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Went cheaply at US $48,800.00
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I went and took a look at both the Black car and the white car at https://www.classicpromenade.com/ today.

The white is not shown and the owner was not there today, only his handy man who was not aware of the cars history etc.

The black one has lost some of it's "SP250" standard features; https://www.classicpromenade.com/car/18254/ and 2 of the gauges are not correct and the upholstery while it looks nice is very soft more like sheep leather.

The white one is tidy and would be my choice of the two.

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

So I gather the black one didn't sell on ebay. It seems to be more of a resto-mod than a restoration (not that that's a bad thing). It would be interesting to know exactly what modifications were made to it. You are right about the interior leather; the description says "lambskin leather". To my eyes, the interior work seems disappointingly bland. I do like the larger rear window in the convertible top. (In fact, last year I sent the Guild an email asking where they acquired that top but never got a reply.) All in all, I'm thinking the US $40k asking price is pretty reasonable.

Do you think the white one will be showing up on their website soon? Did they throw out an asking price?

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

The seller and owner [Harry Clark] of the business was not there when I stopped in. The handyman said Harry wanted to keep the white one but his wife wanted to keep the black one, the handyman wasn't sure who would win.

Harry's email as listed on his business card is: harry@classicpromenade.com drop him a note and if you want more info I can visit his place of business again.

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

I guess we can find out who wins by watching which of the two cars is posted on the website. If his household runs anything like mine then I expect to see the white one swapped in for the black one very soon. ;)

My interest is strictly casual as my better half would certainly balk (and my garage could not accommodate) a second SP250.

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Mike,

Totally understand I'm not in a dissimilar position and I interesting enough i lived not to far from you in Woodland for 12 years......... :)

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

Yes, Woodland is just a few miles up the road. How long ago was that? I've been in Vancouver for the last 30+ years and been attending the Portland All British Field Meet for more years than that. I have always had my eye out for other SP250's but they have been few and far between.

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I left the area late 2007 - retired the first time. Did attend British Field meet a couple of times but not with the SP250 friends had other vehicles.