Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 250 for auction

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

V8 250 for auction

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Auction Houses must be having a difficult time like the rest of us, keeping bidders 2m apart won't be easy! This V8 250 listed by Charterhouse has few pictures but reads well. The Auction is scheduled for April 14th but maybe that date will be revised in the light of the current situation. Perhaps online bidding will become the norm?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Re: V8 250 for auction

Post by classiclife »

Hello Nick,

The SWVA have changed their auction to online bidding only I believe, because as you say, the 2M rule will be impossible to enforce.

Nice looking Daimler, if it goes for 18-20K that will be a good sale price; albeit the BP & VAT which hikes it a bit. On that note, interesting to look at various auction house BP & SP % rates - poles apart in some cases.

Am I right in thinking that the wide bumper models all had the OE swan neck oil filler tube whereas the V8-250 models have a straight filler - which I have on my car; SP250's are they all OE swan neck as well ??

Regards.

Richard
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

classiclife wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm Hello Nick,

The SWVA have changed their auction to online bidding only I believe, because as you say, the 2M rule will be impossible to enforce.

Nice looking Daimler, if it goes for 18-20K that will be a good sale price; albeit the BP & VAT which hikes it a bit. On that note, interesting to look at various auction house BP & SP % rates - poles apart in some cases.

Am I right in thinking that the wide bumper models all had the OE swan neck oil filler tube whereas the V8-250 models have a straight filler - which I have on my car; SP250's are they all OE swan neck as well ??

Regards.

Richard
Hello Richard

If SWVA have bowed to the inevitable, I guess most of the others will follow suit.

I suspect you're right regarding saloon engines but I'm sure someone better qualified than I will be able to confirm or correct. All SP250's had short straight oil fillers, different from both saloon types. People who have fitted saloon engines to their SP's have probably found the longer filler, whether straight or swan-neck, makes oil filling easier.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Why do some auction website owners make it so difficult to navigate, I gave up in the end, pity looks a great car, would have liked to see a bit more than the preview. Syd