Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1951 DAIMLER DB18 EMPRESS 2.5-LITRE Registration no. RFR 86 Chassis no. 53900

621tyo

Re: 1951 DAIMLER DB18 EMPRESS 2.5-LITRE Registration no. RFR 86 Chassis no. 53900

Post by 621tyo »

I tried to contact the owner before the car went to auction. My request went unanswered. Only bid up to £9,500 today, needless to say. Unsold

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: 1951 DAIMLER DB18 EMPRESS 2.5-LITRE Registration no. RFR 86 Chassis no. 53900

Post by marchesmark »

Very difficult to understand why such a lovely car does not appeal. I read elsewhere (Pistonheads) that dealers are crying out for stock, and auction prices seem to be hardening, despite many people (me included) thinking that the virus situation would rip the bottom out of the market. It might be an age thing - apparently it is 80s cars that now sell well, and fast Fords especially. The market for pre-1960 cars seems to be dwindling.

Mark

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

It would make a good wedding car, summer use and not used for a very high mileage, especially as it's four door.

IanCansfield

Post by IanCansfield »

Just a message for Mark - just seen your post about the car. It’s my car and the auction was a bit disappointing- I think being in the middle of lockdown was a bit of an error of judgement on my part. The car is now back home and available as a private sale. Happy to talk more about the car and have over 100 photos of the restoration. Please message me if you are still interested.
Ian

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Ian,

Just to confirm we've spoken, in case anyone thinks I am ignoring you!!

Mark