Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

3 SPs FOR AUCTION

AntonyB

3 SPs FOR AUCTION

Post by AntonyB »

There are at least 3 (so far) SPs for auction at the upcoming Brightwells auction on 13 May which may be of interest, the search also shows another couple of Daimlers as well.

https://www.brightwellslive.com/timedau ... ch=daimler

Antony

[
ANO 19A white 1963
881 FFR blue 1963
6688 EL white 1960
]

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: 3 SPs FOR AUCTION

Post by A.N.Other »

I went to look at something else today at the Brightwells site and couldn’t resist having a look at the three SP’s up for auction. I was told that the “the three Darts added up to 180”. In my opinion they were a little short of a ton. For me the best on offer was the most original A spec car but each to their own. It will be interesting to see what they make and if values are holding since lockdown or if times have moved on and fast fords are now far more interesting.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Laurence Jones says
"John,

Thank you. As you write none in pasSPort, although when 6688 EL was in Germany/Switzerland it was in 2020 on its German plates. Now registered on its old UK plate 6688 EL

ANO 19A I have brought to the attendance of the other 'August' son, who has had an SP for 20 years. Note the heavy drilled chassis holes for lightness as this SP was raced in its early life.

881 FFR needs its petrol pipes changed as most dangerous.

I have check and cross checked all details and the only SP with its original engine number is 6686 EL

with kind regards

Laurence"

I had noticed that pasSPort had a listing for 668 ELL and thought that there was an error, but they are different cars.

Charlie Paynter

Post by Charlie Paynter »

Hi Laurence,

As well as the engine, I assume the chassis on 6688 EL is also the original?

Cheers.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Auction ended last night and we don't know if they sold or not but at the prices they reached, I suspect not.

The 63 white topped off at £16,500 the blue one £18,555 and the hard top white version£22,500, very poor prices even in this odd market.

Not sure what to make of that except that like many auctioneers Brightwells have a habit of gold plating their descriptions and perhaps serious buyers who went to view made their own judgement and bid accordingly.

My son once went to see a John Deere ride on mower at Brightwells I was interested in. The photos were taken from convenient angles and the write up was encouraging with a fair market estimate of value for one in good useable nick. When he got there, they had omitted to take a photo that showed a rear wheel on one side was off and propped against the mower and the very expensive trans axle was broken. No mention of that vital defect in the write up. The mower sold at a silly price but reappeared at the next auction with exactly the same write up. Syd

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

As they say fools rush in..... Apologies folks, I was too hasty, it seems they had a problem with the auction that did not show up when I went into the link, it will restart on May 17th.

Relief really those prices were cruel.