Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester 15 Sport 1937

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Lanchester 15 Sport 1937

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Advert says Lanchester 15 Sport
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lanchester-Li ... Sw3pFZ0Tos

This must be rare and is a mulliners body looks the same as the Daimler 15 broken for parts in the past weeks, would be a shame to see this go the same way to the greedy breaker.
The Daimler was said to have been the only known one in the DM.

captain bobo

Re: Lanchester 15 Sport 1937

Post by captain bobo »

The body style looks to me more like an earlier year Daimler sports saloon: unless, of course, forum members can correct me.

The 1937 Lanchester Sports Saloon had the same body style as my 1937 Daimler 15 sports saloon - I've seen a couple of pictures but never seen one in the flesh.
Best wishes, Dave B

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Looks to have sold £1800 would think considering no head a good price, let us hope it returns to the road and has found a good home.

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Just to improve my English's level, what means the sentence : "...would think considering no head a good price" ?

Thanks !

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

The cylinder head is missing, so I suppose he means that it's a good price without the head.

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Too subtle for me !! But thank you John for the translation ;)

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

This was added at a latter date it would seem it is a Daimler 15 Sport 1934

After some superb assistance from a member of the Daimler and Lanchester owners Club it would appear that I have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 22 and not 4.

From all the evidence it seems that this is actually a Daimler - the owner has a number of cars scattered about and I picked out the (wrong) document that said white and Black and in conjunction with 'Google images 'came to the conclusion it was a Lanchester.

Its not, and its my fault for not checking further.

It is : A 'Daimler' Registered on 16 4 1934 the logbook says 'Sports', Historic vehicle', 1939cc Petrol, " 2 axle rigid body', Chassis number is 375** and engine number 711**, and it was green !

The V5C document is up to date and the car has been in the family since 1995

But is still minus a cylinder head or Head sorry to Culbu its my Norfolk roots