Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester LA10 for sale

sp250boy

Lanchester LA10 for sale

Post by sp250boy »

It is a Lanchester

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Lanchester LA10 for sale

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Was in Anglia car auctions last year and i was offered this car when i went to look it was not stored at his home so never did see it, then it went to auction double money now.

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/c ... ster-la10/

Peter

Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Hello Peter. Yes this car is up for sale for more than it was last sold for but quite a lot of money and a tremendous amount of hard work has gone into making it look as good as it does now. I know there was another similar car that was sold in Norfolk last year that was originally advertised for £12975 so on that basis AEV353 is well worth the asking price. I would really like to keep the car and had never planned on selling it but I no longer have anywhere to store it. Regards. Simon

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

John did sell his car and yes was advertised for more money but it had also had a lot of money spent on it, so hope you get what you want for yours pity you have lost your storage.
Would have been nice to see it at one of the events as we are always short on Lanchesters.

good luck Simon regards Peter

Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Thanks Peter. Yes it is a shame it has to go but it would be better going to someone who can keep it in a nice dry garage all year round. It would have been nice to keep it as I have probably spent hundreds of hours improving every aspect of the car. It had been off the road for over 20 years when I bought it. I knew it would be a big risk buying it as a non runner but I also knew that nothing is impossible with the right approach. In the end I virtually restored the car all over again. Even though the body was in good order, the paint was very dull and lifeless. I spent around two solid weeks flatting and cutting the paint back on every panel by hand. The engine was the most difficult job as it was very difficult to start. Even when it did start it was difficult to get it to run properly as it kept fouling the plugs. In the end the only option was to take the engine apart and properly inspect it. I then discovered the issues with the valve guides. I suspect that these were not replaced when the car was originally restored because new items couldn't be found. I had the same problem and it took a long time to get the new valve guides made but the work I had done on the engine was first class and it now runs really well. I took the opportunity to completely strip the entire engine bay, including the bulkhead and this gave me the chance to properly recondition and repaint every other component. The wiring also caused some issues but thankfully in the end I got everything to work with the exception of the fuel gauge.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

AEV353
Now appears sold as on ebay auction and finished and says sold £10000 no more no less a round number 10, guess we wait and see will it be back.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Back for sale as bidder never made contact

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCHESTER-LA10-1933 ... Sw5vlZ5OEv