Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester 11 on Ebay

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Lanchester 11 on Ebay

Post by ranald »

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Lanchester 11 on Ebay

Post by Salmons »

Looks fine but the rear seats are very worn for such lom mileage?

Salmons

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Dennis a Suffolk until 2005 then Pembrokeshire 2006 so did it change hands then if so 3 owners, who remembers John Howard from Earl Stonham was he a club member.
One for Alan to sort must be on club records and one of his own.
Makes you think mileage may have been reset after a engine rebuild unless he has all the records to prove it.

Peter

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Looks like a fantastic History file

I hope that a Club member buys this car.

Dennis

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Sadly the club member who owns it has recently passed away.
It’s got a 1200;engine, is that right for a 1938 car?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

It's maybe coincidental but I see that the almost identical car which has been for sale for the past three months at least - NV****- appears to have found a buyer. At an asking price of £8000 it increasingly appeared good value as the price of the Ebay car rose to over £6000 last night.
Hopefully some appreciative person has taken it into their care realising that a continually maintained and exercised car usually saves the buyer work and money over the long laid up vehicle. It's not so bad if the margins are worthwhile but auctions always tempt people to spend that bit more.

Re the ccs, it should be 1444. Unless some transplant has taken place, a reason can have been either a misreading of figures by the DVLA or licensing authority in the past or the submission of wrong information when applying for a document.
My own 10 had the wrong ccs on the V5 when I bought it so I thought, easy to fix, change it to 1203 and send off the form. Back came a letter, you can't change the engine size without an engineer's letter confirming the engine change. The engine hasn't been changed but the recorded size is wrong, I reply. This went on for months and then finally the DVLA changed their policy to allow engine size changes without corroboration for Historic vehicles.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

That’s interesting Simon as I’m currently helping a member who has an incorrect engine number and Fuel Type of Heavy Oil! I was expecting some struggle with the DVLA but maybe not.
Northwich, Cheshire

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

So it went for £6300 sounds a fair price for both sides. 54 bids, it always tickles me when some one,as in this case, starts the bidding at 99p chases it up to £134 then drops out, did he really think it would be sold for that little?

That having been said, ten years or so ago, on a very quiet Saturday afternoon in the shop, mitching away in the office, I found a couple of stripped down SP250's in boxes on fleabay, top bid was £7,100. I slapped in a cheeky £7,255.00 bid and went home. Forgot all about it till Monday morning, when I checked my emails I had won them. Then my problems started, how do you ship two SP's all in pieces from Hastings to Aberystwyth?

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

“it always tickles me when some one,as in this case, starts the bidding at 99p chases it up to £134 then drops out, did he really think it would be sold for that little?”

That was me :D
Northwich, Cheshire

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

No not really.

But I think it was a high price. You couldn’t know how sound the wood would be Or the state of the engine after standing for years. And at the end of the day it might fetch, what £8.5k?
Northwich, Cheshire