Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1934 LA10 BTA 714

AntonyB

1934 LA10 BTA 714

Post by AntonyB »

For interest, 1934 LA10 BTA 714 is for sale here https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1328499 - looks a nice tidy car, but I have no idea if it is priced well or not - not that I am looking for one I hasten to add.

Antony

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: 1934 LA10 BTA 714

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, it never fails to amaze me that so many “Restored” vehicles whilst looking lovely inside and out, have such scruffy engine bays, especially as the LD 10 featured, has had 20k spent on it !!!!
Cheers Al 🤔🤔🤔

Simon Hyslop

Re: 1934 LA10 BTA 714

Post by Simon Hyslop »

I'm pleased to say that this car has joined my stable. It is highly original, down even to the rivets for the rear armrests through the rear armrest which seemed to be doubted as an original item on a previous thread. I have returned the brakes to working order due to a previous owner having just fitted new linings without fitting them to the roundness of the brake drums. I am now about three quarters of the way through rewiring the car in a proper fashion, restoring a proper CJF junction box in place of the RB106 box so obviously wrong. A new brake brake master cylinder has restored first class braking along with a new set of tyres. Rarely have I encountered such an ancient set of tyres from makes so long forgotten.

Beyond that, it would appear to have little wrong with it. The only significant deviation from standard is the fitting of an SU electric fuel pump and the removal of the fuel pump mechanical arm. I shall have a look at the one on my other car and see what can be done. Fortunately most of the original fittings and fixtures have remained intact and now I suppose I only need to find a two door example of an early LA10 to complete the set. I was delighted to land upon a sports saloon in such generally decent original condition and am pleased to have saved it from a future of maybe being "upgraded" .

Although space is now at a premium, I did advertise that I was looking for at least one nice Lanchester and now, having found two, I shouldn't press things too far at home, but if anyone has a two door model they are thinking of selling, don't waste time with other sales methods, get in touch with me while I'm just still in buying mode and can convince my wife it's a good idea. No-one is paying more for these cars.