Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Official thumbs up

JSabah

Official thumbs up

Post by JSabah »

I got the official thumbs up ... we both had our SP250's at the Queens English car show (Los Angeles)
Attachments
IMG_3543.JPG
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Official thumbs up

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

JSabah wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 pm I got the official thumbs up ... we both had our SP250's at the Queens English car show (Los Angeles)
I have taken the liberty of inverting your piccie Josh. I hope the admiration was mutual - Jay's gesture is open to misinterpretation over here! It's still a great shot!
Capture.JPG
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

Vortex O'Plinth wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:39 pmJay's gesture is open to misinterpretation over here! It's still a great shot!
Capture.JPG
Thanks for protecting my rep .... one day you can tell me what the interpretation may be. 😉
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Christopher Storey »

It means " I have some advice for you involving sex and travel " :lol: :lol: :lol:

David S

Post by David S »

And I thought it was Austrailia at first and not USA.

fireboss

Post by fireboss »

Well done Josh!

A great picture to add to your collection!

Bruce

Bud

Post by Bud »

Got Jays approval!!
Best endorsement ever on this side of the pond.
Now if he'd only leave the west coast and look around the country for the rest of us.
Sounds like a format for a new TV show ** Looking for those "Other Hemi's" **.

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

For those on this side of the "pond" I suppose we should be aware of the different meanings... The following is from urbandictionary.com

Rude English hand sign that derives from the middle ages. During the 100 years war the French would cut off the middle and index fingers of any English bowman so as they could never shoot again. The English would taunt the French by showing their fingers, so as to say "I can still shoot you Frog!" although todays meaning is more or less "f**k off you t**t."
Is the trademark of rock star, Liam Gallagher but was also made popular during the second world war by Winston Churchill where it took on the meaning of V for Victory. It should not be confused with the piss-poor peace sign which is the reverse of it with the palm and fingers facing the viewer instead of the back of the hand.

For those on the other side of the pond , I think Jay meant it in the "Rock Star" manner .... At least I hope he did ;)

Bud

Post by Bud »

Come on now people, consider the shot.
Jay is just in an unfortunate position here.
He is standing next to a collector with more cars than he has, that's why the humbled look on his face.
He is just "car guy" acknowledging that you are the owner of "two" SP-250's to his lonely "one" and NOTHING more.
I'd be making an over-sized print of it and putting it on the inside of my garage door and a life sized one to place next to my car for the next show as a little ultimate notoriety!
Better than a Blue Ribbon Any Day!

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

JSabah wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:43 pm For those on this side of the "pond" I suppose we should be aware of the different meanings... The following is from urbandictionary.com

Rude English hand sign that derives from the middle ages. During the 100 years war the French would cut off the middle and index fingers of any English bowman so as they could never shoot again. The English would taunt the French by showing their fingers, so as to say "I can still shoot you Frog!" although todays meaning is more or less "f**k off you t**t."
[/b]
Indeed Josh, it's common among motorists over here to give this gesture in friendly acknowledgement to the bastard who's just cut you up (by overtaking and pulling in two inches from your front bumper) on the motorway.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".