Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

sp250 bonnet bumpers

pflanaga

sp250 bonnet bumpers

Post by pflanaga »

In anticipation of getting the sp resprayed in the new year I am trying to get all new rubber bits. I believe I have everything except the little bumpers to cushion the bonnet. On Manners website I can order some for about 3 pounds, but they charge 35 pounds shipping (to Canada).

Can anyone tell me how many are required and the dimensions as I thought I would try fabricating some.

Paul

John Chatfield

Re: sp250 bonnet bumpers

Post by John Chatfield »

if it helps you can have them sent to me and I can forward them to you at cost, in fact i probably need a set so could order them myself if you wish.

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

They are nothing special just a cut off from a rubber moulding.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

This might do - £2.75 per metre:
https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/ ... -u-section

Kevin

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

There are 6 buffers - three a side as shown here.....
buffers.jpg
As has been pointed out they are simply short pieces of rubber 'channel'; the originals were secured to the body flange with split copper rivets. If your body has not been repaired you may still find the rivet holes in the flange
The original buffers are of a fairly thick section and I found on my car that the rearward ones prevented the bonnet (hood) from sitting flush with the body.......
P1280630.JPG
...... so I bought a length of rubber channel similar to that shown by Kevin and made my own.

The top picture shows an original toward the front of the car and my replacements to the rear.
Last edited by Vortex O'Plinth on Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

joewusa

Post by joewusa »

Paul,
Try Steele Rubber Products. I use them frequently and their prices are reasonable and they are located in North Carolina so shipping cost to Canada should not be a problem. Here is a link to their on-line catalog. Page 14 looks like it has several that may fit. It looks like part number 70-0077-99 may work. One foot of it should supply the six bumpers and costs $5.89. My car doesn't have any so maybe someone can supply the actual dimensions.
https://www.steelerubber.com/request-universal-catalog
Joe
Joe
SP250 100784,101135

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

John. I would like to take you up on your offer. My email is Paul.Flanagan@gov.bc.ca

John Chatfield

Post by John Chatfield »

Hi Paul, I have e-mailed you.