Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart seat track finish

dansdaimler

Dart seat track finish

Post by dansdaimler »

Can someone please tell me what the original finish on the seat tracks was?

Thanks in advance
14704971832641665096679.jpg
Daniel
1962 Daimler SP250

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Dart seat track finish

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I'm not sure Dan, by the time most owners get to examining them closely the prevailing finish is usually rust. I'm pretty sure they were originally plated, but with what I don't know.

Mine were very rusty....
1-P1210020.JPG
so I had them stripped and zinc plated....
1-P1210082.JPG
...and left them in that finish.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I don't know but would imagine that, because a lot of the engine parts were painted black along with the underside of the bonnet and boot, then my money is on black paint. At the time I assume it was very cost related.
Having them plated is a nice touch but I guess not original. Does that matter? Not in the slightest in my mind.
Go with what suites the colour of the carpets.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

Mine had no sign of paint...so I zinc plated as to me that is what made the most sense.
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

wejxf03

Post by wejxf03 »

No sign of paint on mine. Would have thought that they would be "self colour" i.e. grey.
John Foskett
Kent UK
SP250 B spec.

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I'm sure you are right, Nick.
I bought my car when it was six years old, and I don't suppose the seats had ever been out. The seat runners and rails were zinc plated, and still are.
Wilf,
SP250 104008, Herefordshire.