Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Crankshaft damper/pulley

Jasper234

Crankshaft damper/pulley

Post by Jasper234 »

Very much in need of a replacement crankshaft pulley for an sp250 v8. Can anyone help???????

Thanks in advance

John Chatfield

Re: Crankshaft damper/pulley

Post by John Chatfield »

I believe David Beales has one or can have them re-vulcanised

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Yes, John, he will.

Kelvin - send him the old bits and he will revulcanise them for you - mine for the 104 came back "better than new"!!!

Normal for Norfolk

Jasper234

Post by Jasper234 »

Thanks guys

I've located a damper, which is still on a car that's being broken. The guy claims to have several cars in complete form and in boxes (mk2 V8s not sp250s....). I'll report back if that's the case.

Could someone please explain the vulcanising process and give me an idea on what I should expect to pay?

Thanks so much
Kelvin

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

What i paid was for a "new" damper as mine had completely disintegrated (taking the bottom hose with it!!) so is not really comparable to someone sending a "devulcanised" but otherwise sound unit up for refurb.

The new one was £120.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

John Chatfield

Post by John Chatfield »

Please don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I believe the SP and saloon dampers are different, SP has a single belt pulley and the saloon a twin belt affair and I don't know if they are interchangeable..

dansdaimler

Post by dansdaimler »

John Chatfield wrote: SP and saloon dampers are different, SP has a single belt pulley and the saloon a twin belt affair and I don't know if they are interchangeable..

Second pulley was PAS
Daniel
1962 Daimler SP250

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

THE ACTUAL DAMPER IS THE SAME IN BOTH ENGINES . THE v PULLEY AND HUB ARE DIFFERENT