Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 hardtop dimensions

Dartagnan

SP250 hardtop dimensions

Post by Dartagnan »

I want to store my hardtop below the ceiling of the garage I rent. Suppose I would want to put the hardtop in a rectangular box; can anyone tell me the dimensions of that box?
Chiel
lives: Utrecht

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: SP250 hardtop dimensions

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I reckon 1.4m x 1.4m x 0.5m should be adequate Chiel - this would leave a little room all round for packing.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hello Chiel,
My hardtop is complete but needs some work on it to make it perfect. It was last on the car in about 2001, and since then it has been slung over the car in the garage, without a box.
It is hung from four ropes using pulleys and specially shaped wide hooks. These are made from 50 X 5mm flat steel, shaped to follow the profiles of the hardtop's front and rear corners.
Without a box, there is more room in the garage and the hardtop can be lowered onto the car at a moment's notice. We did this several times between 1999 and 2001, when I had a new hood (soft-top) made.
If you would like to consider not using a box, I can send you the drawings of the special hooks.
Wilf,
SP250 104008, Herefordshire.

Richard Vester

Post by Richard Vester »

Dear Chiel

I stored my hard-top to the ceiling too. I will send you some pictures.
I can remember that on the forum they made it very clear that the roof is stored horizontally.

Of course you can come and see me.

Richard

Dartagnan

Post by Dartagnan »

Thanks Nick, Wilf and Richard. Hanging the hardtop from the ceiling sounds like a great idea! If you could send me some pictures of the hooks and pulleys, that would be much appreciated.
Richard, I'll give you a call next time I take the car out for a spin.
Chiel
lives: Utrecht

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Chiel,
I will send you the drawings but also I will take some photographs to show you where the hooks go on the hardtop and how the ropes and pulleys are arranged. It might take a day or two.
Wilf,
SP250 104008, Herefordshire.

Keith Ashworth

Post by Keith Ashworth »

Hi Chiel,
I store my hardtop on the side of the garage.
It's easy to make a wooden bar, and the hardtop hangs over it.
I then use a hockey strap to secure it.
The bar has to be about half a metre out from the wall so the top can fit.
Cheers
Keith