Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1929 Peugeot 190S

atlanticseahorse

Re: 1929 Peugeot 190S

Post by atlanticseahorse »

simonp wrote:Not sure if ether of the SP 250s are listed in Passport. You might care to ask him next time you see him.

SimonP
hi simon yup there both on the passport with laurence regards john(owner of the motors)

AntonyB

Re: 1929 Peugeot 190S

Post by AntonyB »

Hello John, it was interesting to hear about your cars. My current SP (I am doing some work on the front end at the moment all initiated by a simple thought of re-chroming the grille) I bought as spares for my first one, though I sold that on and it has now been returned to the road by another enthusiast.

I appreciate the desire not to break your Peugeot you have for sale, and if a car remains useable and not lost another different engine is fine. I knew a chap who had a 1950's Lagonda 3 L, when opening up the engine compartment he always warned people in advance that they would not like what they saw, it was running a Ford Essex V6 engine, I commented I was fine with that and was just pleased to see it on the road, he restored the rest of the car over a couple of years but as a running restoration, he had the original Lagonda engine (they usually end up getting robbed for Aston Martins, though with prices rising maybe the practice of breaking Lagondas will not continue), and when he retired he used some of his pension fund to have it rebuilt and then returned it to the car.

As I said earlier, I always tend to look at the background of photos etc. to see if there is anything interesting in the background, this is one of the few times I have mentioned it elsewhere, I am glad it was a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully the rebuild of the first SP will be finished soon and you get use it soon, and the rebuild of the second one goes well.

Antony