Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP 450

williamg

SP 450

Post by williamg »

008.JPG
Finally my SP 450 is finished and on the road (photos taken today) Spec is 4.6 litre Daimler Majestic Major engine, Getrag 5 speed gear box, narrowed Majestic rear axle, Aston Martin DB5 wheels, mad owner.
005.JPG
002.JPG
023.JPG
008.JPG

John-B
Site Admin

Re: SP 450

Post by John-B »

Brilliant, I'd be interested in its performance stats - speed, acceleration, fuel consumption. Have you taken it to a flat, straight, off-road place? Also, what spark plugs, tyres and other specs.

I achieved 134mph (as shown on the Speedo) in my Dart in about 1970 when it was already 11 years old. (It was slightly downhill).

By the way, just in case you hadn't noticed, this forum now has Lightbox. Click a photo to enlarge it and scroll sideways. It needs JavaScript.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Looks superb. Very envious. I am sure we would all like to hear the performance/dyno stats. Hope you can manage to bring it to a few DLOC rallies.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Bill

Delighted to see that you are back in business! Add me to the list of those keen to know what the 4.5 actually develops in bhp and lb/ft.
030_27a.jpg
Darts.jpg
Spot the differences! Apologies for extremely old (2001) photos.

cheers

Geoff

Bud

Post by Bud »

Welcome to the Land of Displacement and Horse Power!

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Looks splendid Bill,
Glad to see you completed it.
Do you think you will be keeping a hold of it ?
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

rovermorris999

Post by rovermorris999 »

That's lovely! I'm envious. How does it handle?

And thanks John-B for adding Lightbox to the forum.

williamg

Post by williamg »

Thanks for interest!
Once the car is properly run in I will be off to my favourite rolling road in Dorset and post results.
Handling is ok considering standard suspension.
Colin, Not selling this wonderful car after all I've been through!

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

rovermorris999 wrote:And thanks John-B for adding Lightbox to the forum.
Only bakerp has the power to add extensions like Lightbox, but I recommended it a month ago in the Chat topic Forum Suggestions.

williamg - I'll bet the reg. plate 450 DD cost more than the restoration
I will be off to my favourite rolling road in Dorset
Where is that? I live near the Dorset border and would be interested. The A354 to Blandford has some nice fast, open stretches. It's a straight Roman road with few roadside buildings, generally at a high altitude (high for Dorset, that is) but heavy goods traffic. Early on a Sunday morning gives a clear run.

JDB

Post by JDB »

That's a lovely car. I'd be interested to know what the gearbox was originally out of and what the basic steps involved in mating it to the engine were.
Cheers, JB