Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

2 1/2 cylinder heads...

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

2 1/2 cylinder heads...

Post by tjt77 »

Im seeking serviceable ( or recently PROPERLY rebuilt ) pair of 2 1/2 V8 cylinder heads.. trying to build a good engine and so far in that quest, i have 7 cylinder heads which are beyond economical repair.. last pair aquired. which seemed to be the best ones just came back from welding the water passages on the faces.. and after final clean up via media blasting prior to assembly. I discovered there are holes and cracks deep in the ports ..not accessible to weld.. so back to square one and its all getting extremely frustrating and ridiculously expensive.. last one to arrive from Uk was complete scrap.. had been previously welded and rotted out yet again in the water passages. The only ones i have on hand that are not rotted out have been shaved well beyond their limits ( approx .0100" removed as far as i can tell by comparable measurements with a caliper..the rocker posts were shimmed) came from a very expensive 'all good' engine that was complete scrap.. issues included bent con rod, broken main bearing caps,crank deeply scored, and deeply corroded bores for being left sitting with blown head gasket.. the valve train has the usual issues of excessive cam and lifter wear and damaged push rods... incidentally the SECOND engine I have ben sold that was 'recently fully rebuilt'.. and turned out to be best used as a boat anchor.... another long standing derelict car arrived with a locked up engine last week.. not looking forward to dealing with it at all..
also placed a message in the 'parts wanted' section.. please help if you can. thank you, Tim.T.