Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 photos

spnx

SP250 photos

Post by spnx »

Almost 500 miles on it so far.

fireboss

Re: SP250 photos

Post by fireboss »

Well done at long last! Brilliant job too, better than when your Dad originally bought it.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Registration plate on the back but not the front? I noticed that on Wayne Carini's US programs about car restorations. Is it something allowed in USA but not in UK?

It makes the front of cars much prettier and easier for sports cars with nothing vertical at the front to fix a plate to.

fireboss

Post by fireboss »

John:

Here in Ontario we are supposed to have both front and rear plates. Some American states like Florida do not require a front plate.

In my case after damaging my front plate on driveway curbs, I removed it and keep it in the boot if stopped by the Police. Knock on wood it's been 6 years without a problem.

Bruce

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

What happens when you travel from state to state or Canada to Florida?

fireboss

Post by fireboss »

John:

Then you're obligated to comply with the regulations from whence you came. Or risk a ticket.

spnx

Post by spnx »

Canada, like the United States, varies in front plate laws from province to province.

When I lived in Ontario, as fireboss noted, a front plate is required. When I lived in Nova Scotia, no front plate was required. Here in Saskatchewan, no front plate is legally needed.

I like the look of vehicles without front plates. It tidies the front end up a bit.

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

Great Job and great photos !

In California front plates are required. You usually don't get sited for not having them alone but if you get stopped for something else (like rolling through a stop sign or what we call a California stop, or speeding) they will add not having a plate to the infractions....Or if you ar parked on a public street you will get sited for that alone. I much prefer the look of the car without the front plate and IF I park on the street (which I try not to do), I put the plate in the windshield...hasn't been a problem yet..... Again, Gr at Job! Enjoy!
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

David S

Post by David S »

Looks really great in those shots!
I particularly like the first one over the rear quater.
It also matches the sky in an artistic way.
I bet you can't wait to get some flies on the windscreen and a bit of dirt on the sills!! - Remember that's what they were made for......

timlewis

Post by timlewis »

Stunning..The car looks gorgeous. Enjoy each mile!
Tim Lewis
1961 Daimler SP250
Chassis #100423