Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Feelin' pretty good

JSabah

Feelin' pretty good

Post by JSabah »

I was invited to participate in my 1st concourse show (judged) which took place this past weekend. The class I was in was called "European 3 liter and less" and most of the other cars were brought in covered trailers, but I drove an almost an hour to get there (Palos Verdes Concourse PVconcourse.com if interested). This was a new venue for the show, an airport with classic planes as well. Our class was situated around a Harrier Jet. My car came in 3rd behind an Alfa (1st place) that had come in 2nd at Pebble Beach/ Concorso Italiano this year and a Volvo P1800. Others included a Jowett Jupiter, a TR3a, and an AC Cobra ... All good company. Here are a few pics on my car and others just for fun.
Attachments
IMG_4155.JPG
IMG_4148.JPG
IMG_4147.JPG
IMG_4145.JPG
Last edited by JSabah on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Feelin' pretty good

Post by John-B »

Well done :D

Your pics are sideways. You don't have to delete the post and start again, use the pencil icon top right and edit by deleting photos from the attachments and upload again.

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

More pics
IMG_4174.JPG
IMG_4160.JPG
IMG_4158.JPG
IMG_4157.JPG
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

A few more
IMG_4193.JPG
IMG_4189.JPG
IMG_4188.JPG
IMG_4185.JPG

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

Last set
IMG_4210.JPG
IMG_4199.JPG
IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4193.JPG

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

John-B wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 am Well done :D

Your pics are sideways. You don't have to delete the post and start again, use the pencil icon top right and edit by deleting photos from the attachments and upload again.
Thanks for the tips. On my tablet, the pics are straight (but I was able to delete the duplicates).

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

This has happened before. I don't know why it affects a few people. Don't worry, leave them as they are. Someone may have an idea why it happens.

heh101353

Post by heh101353 »

The problem why those pics are not displayed correctly is easy to describe. Digital cameras store quite a lot of information into the so-called "Exif-Header" of each and every pic when it's taken. One of the attributes of this header is called "Orientation". Pictures taken in "portrait-mode" get another value than those taken in "landscape-mode". When viewing the pictures directly on a tablet or on a computer, the program which displays the picture reads the information from the "Exif-Header" and rotates the picture accordingly on-the-fly. Viewing pictures with an internet browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer is a different thing. The browser does not head the information stored in the picture. Why? Well this would need a rather long explanation ...
So the user who wants to make sure that pictures taken in "portrait-mode" are displayed correctly on the internet has to rotate those pictures explicitly before uploading them. How to rotate a pic? In short: Open the pic in a image manipulation program - rotate it - save it.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the subject.
cheers, Hans
:o owner since 2015 :mrgreen:
https://www.wyhe.ch/

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Or view the Forum on a laptop and rotate the laptop 90 degrees.

Incidentally the car looks splendid Josh - a beautiful result, thank you for posting the photos.

Cheers

Geoff

Bud

Post by Bud »

Josh,

What's the full grin to bug splat ratio?