Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Max overbore Daimler V8

Sonus

Re: Max overbore Daimler V8

Post by Sonus »

ddstewie we want more info 😉

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Hello Paul and Niels,
Info as requested -
NGK Spark Plug Resistor Cover P/N SB05EC.
Honda rubbers can be found on various models of Honda, post 1995, there can be slight shape differences but insignificant.Go to your local wrecking yard and have a look around. These rubbers are awkward to remove from the lead and insulator extension.The leads are bonded into the boot and require parting by utilizing a small screwdriver. Chop the lead 1/2 inch or so from the boot and pull the extension and what remains of the lead from the boot.(don't let the wrecker see you do this !!!). Patience is required. :D :D :D

Paul Edginton

Post by Paul Edginton »

Great info I will try that mod
:D Paul

David S

Post by David S »

Reading this about plug wire covers and aware that the NGK surperessors are not long enough and don't have the star on so this is a good solution.
However, if using wire cored leads what are you using for the 'clip-on' wire endings that are embedded in the Honda rubber cap? - I cannot find brass spring loop endings like the original ones anywhere.

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

This photo should explain all.
Attachments
NGK.png

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Acorn nuts and wire HT lead washers for Distributor cap end of lead can be obtained easily. In New Zealand contact Hawkeswood Classics Ltd.
They also supply the NGK Suppressors. Photos attached with Part numbers. :D :D :D
Attachments
BRASS WASHER.jpg
ACORN.jpg

David S

Post by David S »

Excellent!

It was the copper fitting to the end of the plug leads that I asked about, not the acorn nuts & washers, but my question about the clip-on wire endings is now obsolete after seeing your excellent pictures.

However, the caps you used must be one of the NGK SB05** series here: http://www.gsparkplug.com/ignition/spark-plug-caps?p=3
- I presume thay are all suitable but it is quite bewildering how many there are and they all look the same!

I am off for a trip to the scrap yard next week!

David
Last edited by David S on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Hi David,
I used NGK Spark Plug Resistor Cover P/N SB05EC.
Regards
Dennis.

David S

Post by David S »

Cheers!
I shall get 8 of them!
David

David S

Post by David S »

Been to local scrap yard at the weekend and there was only one petrol Honda that day so I did the same job using Ford Focus plug lead ends [there's plenty of them!]. The Ford plug lead ends also fit nicely in the Daimler spark plug tubes after I shortened them!
Thanks for the excellent idea.