Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Max overbore Daimler V8

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Max overbore Daimler V8

Post by Fossil »

Yes, a 17ACR alternator works well on the SP. The standard SP dynamo bracket can be modified with an angle grinder to mount it. The 450 came to me with that arrangement so I just copied it. The dynamo regulator can be removed altogether, which is very handy if you also want to fit a remote oil filter unit, because the regulator position is the ideal place to put it.

Apologies for continuing the thread drift.

Regards

Geoff

Ian Hastings

Post by Ian Hastings »

Many thanks.

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Here is a quick sketch with BMW K100 throttle bodies with KN E2910 air filters from a Datsun 240Z
Upper red line is original top of SU HD6s. Line marked 180mm is just a reference line.
Attachments
DaimlerV8_K100_KN_E2900.JPG
Last edited by Sonus on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

And thread drift is very welcome as long as it is about modifying the Daimler V8 :)

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Anyone used Crower Connecting rods in their engine?

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Do tell more,
i was told of a UK Firm that can do at reasonable cost the other day by the engine ballancer.
This was at the third trip to get a set within 3 grams at the small end before he'l proceed with the job. By combining various Denis and i came up with several worth while sets and some spares.

David S

Post by David S »

ddstewie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 pm Just a thought - a Mazda rotary would be the way to go. an RX7 twin rotor 13B-REW twin turbo 1.3 litre will satisfy.
255 HP at 6,000 rpm , 217 pound feet of torque , 0 to 60 mph in 5 seconds . Use the complete drivetrain from the Mazda .
The SP 250 would be a demon. Out with the 2.8 and in with the 1.3 ?
There was an SP in USA with a Mazda Wankel engine, it was on ebay in March 2004. Here is what some said about it on the old Forum:
http://archive.dloc.co.uk/forum/topic.a ... ine,smooth

I don't think anyone knows what happened to it, we never found its chassis number, Reg No or anything like that, pity really.

David

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Radio interference on the 2.8 with pertronix electronic ignition , flame thrower coil ,and 30 year old unsuppressed Packard
wire cored HT leads (as fitted to Pratt and Whitney 1830 radial engine - DC 3). Cured by installing NGK suppressors with Honda rubber
boots - perfect fit :) :) :)
Attachments
20171230_182444[1].jpg

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Additional Photo added .
Attachments
20171230_182617[1].jpg

Paul Edginton

Post by Paul Edginton »

I assume that you have done away with the plug extensions. What model Honda did the rubbers come from and do you have a part number for the NGK suppressors ?
Cheers
Paul