Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Max overbore Daimler V8

ddstewie

Re: Max overbore Daimler V8

Post by ddstewie »

Another picture, a little more info for the interested.
As part of the equation to achieve a compression ration of 9.5 to 1 the heads were planed to achieve
a combustion chamber volume of 56.5 cc.
Attachments
Daimler 2810cc (1).jpg

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

With the heads reduced so much (evident by the amount of metal removed from the waterway outlet) did you manage to fit the valve gear or did you have to modify in any way.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Great pics Den, now when will we see the suspension set-up /rack in place?

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Valve gear and inlet manifold fitted no problem. Engine has done in excess of 5000 miles with no issues.When Steves high( .390 " ) lift cam is installed all will be revisited and scrutinized.The heads already have modified valve guides to accomodate the proposed increased lift.

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Daimler 2810 - Iskenderian E4-58a camshaft installed (temporary)
Attachments
Daimler 2810cc (6).jpg

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Have you got any info on that cam? Isky haven't gotten back to me regarding their profiles yet.

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

In the last 2 months I had my Iskenderian cam reground due to damage on one lobe. Have run the engine once since. While I don't know the profile other than the markings as E4.58.A I do know a compression check results in 170 psig on all cylinders.
Attachments
IMG_1899.JPG

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Hi, This is the data sheet that Isky supplied with the E4-58A reprofiled cam. But be aware that your cam may not quite reflect these figures.
I degreed the cam in the engine and my figures were slightly different. Intake open 17 deg. BTDC , close 58.5 deg ABDC ;
exhaust open 56.5 deg BBDC, close 19.5 deg ATDC. Cam lift .242 " which equates to valve lift .363 ". I also had the cam checked by two NZ
reputable cam grinding companies .All four sets of figures were different. I go with mine as the degreeing was carried out in the engine.
Attachments
Scan_20171111.jpg

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Photo of lightened flywheel added . Modified to utilize clutch assembly to suit Supra W58 gearbox.
Attachments
Daimler 2810cc (7).jpg

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Nice machining job. identical to both mine.
steve