Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Radiator Expansion Tank

captain bobo

Re: Radiator Expansion Tank

Post by captain bobo »

I have found this thread most enlightening. I was unaware that there are "recovery type" radiator caps available, which explains why I went with the pressurised Stag tank solution.

Every day is a school day as they say; pleased to have learned something new!
Best wishes, Dave B

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Tank now fitted but unable for some reason to put pictures here.

Problem with Forum
Twice today my I could not get into Forum as it did not recognise my Password, then in desperation I followed the link that said "I have Forgotten my password". I was sent an email with a new password and that did not work either. So I tried my old one and it did work. Is there a Gremlin in the Forum?

Dennis

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Salmons wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:31 pm Problem with Forum
Twice today my I could not get into Forum as it did not recognise my Password, then in desperation I followed the link that said "I have Forgotten my password". I was sent an email with a new password and that did not work either. So I tried my old one and it did work. Is there a Gremlin in the Forum?
Dennis
I've run a test with a test account and had two failures to change a password, then I realised that you and I didn't read the email with the new password properly! It says "To use the new password you need to activate it. To do this click the link provided below."

It's no good just using the login button with the new password, you have to activate the password using the special link provided in the email. Several other members have changed the password successfully in December, so there's nothing wrong with the forum software.

I don't know why the forum didn't recognise your original password at first, but did later. Either a login attempt didn't get through to the server or you typed it wrong first time. I'm glad it's OK now with the original password.

As far as not being able to post photos, again, other people can, so try again using the attachments
"To show a photo or image in a post or reply, open a New Topic window or click Post Reply in an existing topic, click Attachments below left of the post window, then click Add files which will open your computer's file list, highlight a file (preferably in a .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp or .gif format), click Open at the bottom of the window, wait for it to upload and it should show the filename at the bottom of the original post window, put the cursor in the post where you want the photo and click Place inline which will add the filename inside [ attachment] [ /attachment] code. You can Add files several times. Then Submit the post. You don't need to use URL or IMG tags."

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Thank you John will try this later this morning. Re the Password it accepted my original one And when I signed off I clicked 'Remember me' and have got on this morning without entering password.

Best Wishes for New Year.

Dennis

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Tank now but I need to fit the overflow pipes etc Tank is a tight fit but I can remove the rear sparking plug. Photo attached .
5f.JPG
5g.JPG
Dennis
Attachments
5g.JPG