Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dunlop Sport Classic tyres

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Dunlop Sport Classic tyres

Post by John-B »

I knew that the larger tyre wouldn't fit in the boot recess after I bought five Avon 185x15 tyres in about 1969.

Recently I bought four Vredestein 185 x 15 tyres and keep one of the old Dunlop 165 x 15 Cinturatos on a 4" rim in the boot recess.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

whilst not up on the current offerings form Dunlop. I can conform that the old SP sport was an excellent tyre in terms of grip and even break away wet or dry.. the downside was the fairly soft rubber composition caused them to wear rather fast .. I still have a set on my 3.8 Mk2.. but dare not drive it fast due to thier age.. Is suspect the current dunlops will be good.. in my experience the best lasting and highest quality tyres remain michelin..with the XAS being my favorite.. but they are expensive in comparison to most others.

sp250c-dart

Post by sp250c-dart »

Thanks for the information. I guess I will get a 165/80 tyre fitted to my spare wire wheel rim (luckily I have only bought and fitted 4 185/vr15 tyres so far). Since I would only be using it in emergencies until I got the punctured tyre repaired, I guess I could use something like the Vredestein T-Trac 2 165/80 R15 87T priced around £50.00 - it's only rated at 118mph but that's better than modern spacesaver tyres.