Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

rigid fuel pipes on asp250

raw

rigid fuel pipes on asp250

Post by raw »

have decided to renew all rigid and flexi fuel lines on the dart having found crude rubber from the rigid l/h chassis rail up into the engine bay on the l/h inner wing .i believe a union connecting the chassis pipe connects to a shaped fixed 5/16 pipe that travels up the inner wing support rail and then is formed to enter engine bay to the right of the fuel bowl . does anyone have a clear pic of the pipe inside the grp wing and where it appears inside the l/h wing etc ? also the pipe guard is missing on the lowest point of rear wheel arch .are they still available ?thanks

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: rigid fuel pipes on asp250

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

raw wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am have decided to renew all rigid and flexi fuel lines on the dart having found crude rubber from the rigid l/h chassis rail up into the engine bay on the l/h inner wing .i believe a union connecting the chassis pipe connects to a shaped fixed 5/16 pipe that travels up the inner wing support rail and then is formed to enter engine bay to the right of the fuel bowl . does anyone have a clear pic of the pipe inside the grp wing and where it appears inside the l/h wing etc ? also the pipe guard is missing on the lowest point of rear wheel arch .are they still available ?thanks
I have pictures of the rigid pipe routing through the wing to the fuel filter, but it's not original and may not be correct. The fuel pipe guard is available from Christian Demler...
Capture.JPG
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

raw

Post by raw »

thanks nick any pic would be of some help as i shall fabricate my own pipe from 5/16 copper which is easier to form and work with

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

I may be wrong but isn't copper pipe damaged by the ethanol in modern petrol?

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

This is what I've done on my car Roy. As you say, there is a length of solid pipe (in my case Cunifer) running forward from a union with the main fuel line attached to the chassis....
1-P1000041.JPG
It enters the wing through a hole just below the starter solenoid ....
1-P1000037.JPG
(Note the fuel pipe guard is my own fabrication)

...runs up over the body covering the suspension tower...
1-P1200018.JPG
...and finally joins the fuel filter.
1-P1000031.JPG
Hope this helps.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".