Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Clutch pressure 480 psi

Ozzsp250

Re: Clutch pressure 480 psi

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Well the transmission is back on the engine and the clutch system pressure check duplicated and all appears to be working correctly. Left it pressurized for an hour -- no leaks observed.

Finished mounting the radiator and guard on the Test stand and added a bracket to support a small lawnmower fuel tank which will be used to gravity feed the carburetors. If flow is not enough to run engine I'll add a small electric demand style pump.

All going well I'll run engine for a extended period next weekend.

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Clutch pressure 480 psi

Post by daimlersteve »

Hi Ozz ,yes it was a pitty to have the world blow up like that.
Just had a glance over this subject and --
Your heavier pedal pressure is due to the concentric release system.
The conversion i did using the concentric unit ( against my thoughts because of the lack of hydraulic tuneability) but insisted on by the owner, came up with the same result . No way of getting the best out of it because you cant change the slave end of things. You run out of pedal travel when the 5/8" master is used . not my ideal arrangement as i dont like a long clutch. End result is a long hard pedal .
I'll be testing the next cover before installing ,
Still cant see the actual pedal pressure shown anywhere here. The Cover used by Conversion Components NZ has a pedal pressure of 14 KG -- ( Denis Stewarts conversion )
Steve