Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 250 heater

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: V8 250 heater

Post by tjt77 »

the jaguar Mk2 comes with a plain painted heater box.. the daimlers came with hardura covering.. unsure how much the insulation effects heater operation.. minimally would be my expectaion. you can get a tidier appearance with the hardura, if you are able to add a piece of vinyl stitched to the edges around the upper and top pieces.. in much the same way as the boot covering is done.. I quite like the idea of adding insulation on inside of heater box .. perhaps the primary outcome would be to make the car a little quieter.. I doubt it will measurably effect heat output.. but there are 'high performance' heater cores made for this application should you desire more heat... always important to check operation of heater valve and that all pipes are flowing freely.. its almost always comprimised after 50+ yrs of use.. the heater valve itself is a multi use item.. used in many other vehicles, but some applications have the body of the valve located in different position.. its easy to move the position of heater valve body..I generally use those intended for healey 3000 and 'other' BMC saloon cars as they are easier to obtain and cost less. one has to drill out the locating rivet, rotate body to correct position for daimler/jag application..and replace the pop rivet to secure valve body in place.. ( a #6 screw and nut will do same job if you dont have a pop riveting tool)