Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Full body rubber set

Ronniet55

Full body rubber set

Post by Ronniet55 »

Hi, can anybody enlighten me as to where to get this from please?
I have seen it advertised at various prices from £250 to £500 and because of this I am confused as to where to buy?
thanks
Ron

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Full body rubber set

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Car?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Nick, according to Ron's profile he has a V8 250, so we need to know which rubber set he is asking about?

CDemler

Post by CDemler »

Ronni I think you are looking for a full door seal set.
If so ,don't go to buy a complete set for the doors.
There are different styles of rubber from different supliers on the market.
I had one set where the rubber was solid. It was impossible to get the doors shut.
I then found a suplier who is selling the same rubber profile but as a hollo type.
Also much softer. This can be bought by the meter. I striped all the other rubber out and used this.
Perfect fit and nice door shut.
When I find the addres of the suplier I will post it here.
Chris

Ronniet55

Post by Ronniet55 »

Hi, sorry, yes V8 250
I've been told that there is a full body rubber kit with has all rubbers/seals etc supplied?
regards
Ron

Ronniet55

Post by Ronniet55 »

Sorry haven't really explained what I need :)
I need door seals, windscreen rubbers, light gaskets, bumper rubbers, bonnet & boot seals, buffer rubbers etc
In fact all rubbers & seals need to be replaced as car has been standing for 28 odd years
Ron

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I think I need some door rubbers on the drivers door my V8 250. When driving at speeds above 30mph I get a loud whistling noise. The only way to stop it is to open the quarter light. Can anyone say which rubber needs replacing.

Dennis

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

I bought a complete door rubbers set from SNG Barratt a few years back. It was a complex kit of different types of rubbers and quite a headache to work out what went where. However, I found on the Jag lovers forum a complete set of pictures explaining what went where and how to fit them. Unfortunately, this was after we had already tried to fit the front passenger door and had clearly got some bits wrong. It's an expensive mistake which I'm still living with as to remedy would need to buy another kit at £200 odd! Three doors close perfectly but the LH front has a tendency to need a good slam. The most noticeable error is the gutter drain on the leading side of the Door where it is shaped to specifically fit around the outward bulge. Water should be allowed to run down from the roof within the seal when door closed.
The pictures were a real bonus and it was then clear how it should be fitted.
SNG BARRATT hold a lot of parts for the Mk2/Daimler V8250 and have downloadable parts catalogues which are very comprehensive and clear.
The other option may be to contact COH Baines, London based I think, who made much of the rubber profiles for Jaguar. They have a comprehensive website showing profiles and you find the prices very reasonable compared to buying from dealers. I think you can get screen rubbers from them at very good rates.
I'm afraid I don't have the weblink for the pictures, you need to do a bit of searching.
Best regards
Peter
Edit: I found the link on Jag lovers forum. A set of thumbnail pictures, very descriptive stage by stage:
http://www.jag-lovers.org/saloons/seals/
Last edited by Petelang on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

wejxf03

Post by wejxf03 »

COH Baines
Tunbridge Wells
01892 543311

I have taken old seals in there and they have matched them priced per metre.
John Foskett
Kent UK
SP250 B spec.