Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP-250ets

Bud

SP-250ets

Post by Bud »

So there are the 1/43rd scale models and a couple of 1/92nd pewteresque desktop unrefined models, tie pins and ear rings oh my, bill clasps and emblazoned flasks, but I don't see anything I could use on my 1/87th HO gauge rail layout. Are there any such things out there?

David S

Re: SP-250ets

Post by David S »

Best to get a real American railway engine ..... with a cow catcher an' all!
it'd be as much fun as your Dart!
Hooooooo wooo!

Bud

Post by Bud »

Re: Railway

I actually played with real American trains, cow catchers and all. My grandfather was foreman of the NYC roundhouse at Hyde Park in Niagara Falls, NY until 1960. I drove steam engines onto and off the turntable, with assistance of course.
Would it be possibly interpreted that 9 track loops with 9 different NYC ho dcc steam engines each pulling a string of matching NYC passenger cars all running simultaneously count as a real ho American Railway? It keeps you sane when the flakes are flyin' and the temps are divin'.
I don't know where you are coming from but taint too many other choices I'd take over some serious sunshine and just blastin' around in takin' in the exhaust note from "MY DART!"

Note: Wednesday out grinnin' and cruisin' @ 71f and sun
Friday out shoveling 2 ft of snow @ 31f and wind
You just squeeze days like those in when ever you can because,
Times like this show up and you can't even get to your car!!!!

David S

Post by David S »

Brilliant train railway experiences, just a bit jealous!
Your ho seems to be complete, all bit 1/87th Darts! Sorry, I can't help there.
Now the weather here is abysimal - Forest of Dean UK- Snow's a foot deep and it is foggy outside and temp is just -2C [don't do f here!]. They put salt on the road so I don't want to go out until well after the snow and salt has gone.
Roll on Summer!

Bud

Post by Bud »

Did this go with the SP for auction Mar 18 at Bonhams as a commerative?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resin-Kit-Buil ... 1438.l2649

My word! What does that make my two Scalectrix custom SP250 slot cars worth now?

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi Bud
Have you thought of 3D printing one?
Regards

Colin

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

These rightly derided naff pieces of "jewellery" are actually better reproductions of the car than the pictures suggest. They're thin metal (silver?) shells filled with what looks like a resin filler...
1-P1290118.JPG
2-P1290119.JPG
They're 45mm long, which works out at roughly 1/90 scale - within a gnats whisker of 1/87!

Being handed you get both halves of the car and after removing the attachments and a bit of judicious fettling you could bond the halves together and voila - a scale SP in silver! :D
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

David S

Post by David S »

My Word!!!
A Daimler SP250 Slot Car at £275.36p!
plenty of bids and different bidders, I can't understand it, but there you are.
It doesn't seem that long ago when you could get a real one for that!

OK, I exaggerate somewhat, but you know what I mean.

Bud

Post by Bud »

Very interesting Nick, glad to have someones eyes on the product for comparison. So about how much fill is going to be needed "between the ears" for the bonnet and boot etc. to be a whole car shape?? Some Bondo or such, a dremmel tool, some sand sticks and files, to a dip in her silver nail polish?
As far as 3d printing goes, does anyone have a scan file of their SP or that can scan a 1/43 model SP? I may be able to have it printed but I don't know of any scanning opportunities. And from what I know its all about the scanning software abilities rather than the printer for the best results. You don't want it to look like the Sphinx.

fredeuce

Post by fredeuce »

I would be interested in a HO Scale Dart also. I too am a bit of an HO Rail fan. It has a North American them that revolves around "Petroliana" and so traverses the period from the early '30s up to the '60s so Dart would fit nicely.