Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wilf Stevens

timmartin

Re: Wilf Stevens

Post by timmartin »

It has always been such a pleasure and a privilege to meet or otherwise communicate with Wilf about Dragons, or anything else.

He is sorely missed already, and our thoughts are with Gill who I particularly remember suggesting to my wife how she might go about starting a little gentle Dragon driving.
Tim
Blue 1964 SP250 in Berkshire

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Let’s hope Gill takes up the suggestion and uses Wilf’s car !! It would be great to meet the lady who obviously supported such a great man !😀😀😀

Cheers Al 😀😀

RadfordJim

Post by RadfordJim »

As a relative newcomer to the SP fraternity, unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting Wilf in person and I'm saddened to hear of his passing. He gave me great encouragement and freely shared his wealth of knowledge via email, this Forum and through his excellent technical articles. Thank you Wilf and RIP.
Jim in Coventry - Home of the Daimler

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Rip Wilf

His kind sole will be missed.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Wilf's passing marks the end of an era for other SP owners.

The remarkable thing about him is that what he accomplished was done despite significant long standing health issues, he was truly a remarkable man.

One way or another we'll all miss him,

Sincere condolences to his family.

Geoff

kent sutton

Post by kent sutton »

R. I. P. Wilf (Dragon)
What a blow to us all. He will be sadly missed as his kind are virtually irreplaceable.
Hopefully his technical knowledge will be passed on to us ultimately and be a memorable to him.
Kent

Keith Ashworth

Post by Keith Ashworth »

RIP from Australia.
A great loss to the SP fraternity. Always great to see him at the rallies we have attended, especially Ross on Wye.
Condolences to Gill.
Keith and Domenica

Magnor

Post by Magnor »

R.I.P Wilf.
I will never forget his help and advice with the restoration of my SP. A great guy who always had time for you. Thinking of his family.
Clive

JSabah

Post by JSabah »

I was just recalling how kind and helpful many of the members here have been and was thinking specifically of Wilf and how much he had assisted with my restoration (the 1st frame off I’ve done myself and certainly the most comprehensive). While exchanging information on other forums it become apparent just how helpful he was not only when asked but also if he just saw that additional information an/or opinion were needed. I never got to meet him in person, but he will certainly be missed.
Sp250, Sunbeam Tiger, MGTD, Jensen Interceptor conv, Jensen Interceptor Coupe', '49 Plymouth Woody and now a '65 Jensen CV8 Mk3 LHD

wadams

Post by wadams »

Yes indeed I couldn’t agree more! Wilf has been a great help to me during my restoration process. He was a lovely man and will be greatly misssed.