Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wilf Stevens

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Wilf Stevens

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps ,I received these Two communications yesterday, and thought that it pertinent to place them on here.
For my part, Wilf attended the stand that I set up for the Club at Sherborne Castle on numerous occasions, and what a truely great chap he was, and an absolute mine of information!!
I’m sure that many of you will have benefited from his never ending knowledge about all thing SP250, and of course the techichnical articles that he produced .
WILF will be sadly missed by all of us who had the pleasure of meeting him . God Bless you WILF !

Dear all,
It is with much sadness that I forward this email from Matthew.
We have lost a much loved and knowledgeable man from our club, Wilf was one of the first people I had the pleasure of meeting at my first Rally at Shrewsbury.
A small amount of his extensive knowledge was passed on to me whilst he was in the middle of sorting trophies/the rally , now that was multi-tasking. Which I will be ever grateful of.
A sad loss to us all
Our thoughts go to his family and friends at this time.
Tony Fardoe
DLOC Chairman.
Hi Everybody,

I received a sad phone call this morning from Gill Stevens to tell me that Wilf died last Tuesday in Worcester hospital. He had been in hospital from the previous Thursday with problems with his foot and preparing for surgery. But he had heart failure before they got that far.

I have asked Gareth Prosser to pull together a few words for an obituary for the magazine and Kevin has agreed to find a space in the May edition.

I have no funeral details, at present.

Best wishes,

Matthew Waterhouse
07711 798082
01829 260393

Alan Wheatley. Lanchester Registrar
Last edited by JT7196 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bud

Re: Wilf

Post by Bud »

A fine man, a sad day for all.
Fond remembrances and prayers for his family.

Warsash 2

Re: Wilf Stevens

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
What a great shame, a man of great knowledge who will be missed by all SP owners.
RIP

Colin

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

It was bumping into Wilf and his green 'Dragon' at a car show some years ago that finally energised me into unearthing the SP that had been languishing in my garage for nearly thirty years and bringing it back to life. The Dragon was perhaps not the most pristine example of an SP but an honest 'everyday driver' with more than 300,000 miles on the clock and many sensible mods most of which were created by Wilf himself.

Generous with time and advice and only too glad to share his extensive SP technical library, Wilf was always keen to promote the virtues of the SP to a wider audience and was conscientious in producing an annual schedule of Classic Car events in the local area, most of which he attended himself. I shall miss his diminutive frame at meetings, as I'm sure will many others...a man I am proud to have known.

Sincere condolences to his friends and family.
1-P1280777.JPG
R.I.P.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

JohnM

Post by JohnM »

RIP Wilf,

the world is now a sadder and less knowledgeable place and we will miss you greatly, old friend.
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec

Paulkennedy

Post by Paulkennedy »

What a shock, as I was talking on the phone to him a few weeks ago, seeking his advice as you do.
Thank you Wilf for all your past help. My condolences to his family.
Paul Kennedy

fredeuce

Post by fredeuce »

Sorry to hear of Wilf's passing . I never met him but he and I corresponded in the past in relation to camshaft and general performance modifications. He referred me to Steve Sanett in the USA about making up new billet cams. This is now in the final stage of manufacture thanks to Wilf's interest in my desire to improve the performance of my 2.5 V8.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Such a sad loss to us all. Wilf was always generous of himself and his knowledge.

We will miss him hugely. Thoughts are with Gill at this time.

Simon
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Once met never forgotten, Wilf "Dragon" was one of the best, a real character who can never be replaced. His technical knowledge of the SP was invaluable, his mods and repair suggestions were so well thought out and detailed and always given freely.

Big loss to SP owners the world over.

RIP Wilf.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Sydsmith wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:03 am Once met never forgotten, Wilf "Dragon" was one of the best, a real character who can never be replaced. His technical knowledge of the SP was invaluable, his mods and repair suggestions were so well thought out and detailed and always given freely.

Big loss to SP owners the world over.

RIP Wilf.
At least his car lives on. If it had unusual modifications, then these should be recorded, or someone should buy his car.