Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart seat rails

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Dart seat rails

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Since you're missing the floor mounted half of the seat runners Gary, this pic shows what you're after...

...or preferably without the rust. I had mine derusted and zinc plated...

I was missing one of the anti-rattle bias springs.....

...and couldn't locate a replacement. I therefore fitted the rail with the missing spring on the drivers side, reasoning that while the car was moving there would always (hopefully) be someone in the drivers seat, so that wouldn't rattle. If anyone knows a source of these springs I'd welcome the information.

As Kent points out, The Complete Automobilist does a generic set of runners - which are longer than the SP items - but since you only need the floor mounted part they may be adaptable?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

prickle

Post by prickle »

Hi Vortex, Barry Thorne has the springs on the seat rail on the floor.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

prickle wrote:Hi Vortex, Barry Thorne has the springs on the seat rail on the floor.
I tried him and he didn't have them - I'll ask him again.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

chopperman

Post by chopperman »

I used the seat rails and runners from a MG Midget. With a simple bit of drilling, they work a treat.