Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Thank you....

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Thank you....

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

... to Alan mason and the team for the latest version of pasSPort. Each issue finds a ready home in my glove box (next to the telephone numbers of the breakdown service) just in case. Always a pleasure to browse details of the cars and people that make up our SP community.

Thanks again to all concerned for what is a superb almanac - long may it continue!
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

soaringace

Re: Thank you....

Post by soaringace »

Thanks Nick but I can’t take the credit for pasSPort, that must go to Laurence Jones & Glyn Overy! I do try to raise a bit of money for it through the SP250 calendar sales but Laurence & Glyn do all of the work. It is really worthwhile publication though.

Alan

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Yes, it's a very useful publication, but I met a lady yesterday who doesn't want an entry for privacy reasons.

I said she could probably have an entry without her name, email and address but she said Laurence wasn't keen on that.

I think all known cars should have a chassis entry with a note that they exist, or are destroyed, without names if necessary, and all entries should give the body colour and possibly body number. I realise that it would mean more pages and more expense but would be worth it to show the entire database that Laurence has.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

I don't have an SP250 but have Laurence and Glyn considered the implications of the new GDPR regulations regarding the collection and publication of personal data in PasSPort?

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy »

Chris,

Everyone who has an entry in PasSPort must agree to do so and sign an authority to have their data published. Laurence and Glyn have done this from the start.

Regards
Regards

Brooksy

1962 SP250 Ex Met Police 104035

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

GDPR has more than a whiff of Y2K (remember that?) about it in terms of scaremongering. Plus there's an annual £35 registration fee with the Information Commissioner's Office. Pretty much any company or person with any data storage system containing personal information, including Private home CCTV has to register and comply. A nice little earner, as Arthur Daley used to say.

I don't think it was intended to (but does) capture the likes of car clubs with membership lists.

Kevin