Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart Modified Wiring Diagram

DaveM

Dart Modified Wiring Diagram

Post by DaveM »

Hi All,

Thought I would just throw this out there for anyone interested in a modified wiring diagram showing most of the upgrades/ mods mentioned throughout this and the old forum, plus a few others I've carried out in an attempt to update the electrics.
Daimler Dart Modified Wiring.jpg
Right click image and select "download linked file as" and you should end up with a clear view 2.9Mb image, don't "download or save image as"

Cheers Dave
Last edited by DaveM on Fri May 04, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RogerA

Re: Dart Modified Wiring Diagram

Post by RogerA »

Hello David
I would like to thank you for sharing your Modified Wiring Diagram .
Your colour version will be very helpful when i come to wiring my car but unfortunately when my local colour photocopy shop downloaded it we found it to be unworkable because it came out with only 29 kb when it should be megabytes. Would you mind email a copy of your wiring diagram to soaring-5 @hotmail.com

Cheers Roger Anson

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

No problem I can send you a higher image resolution as the site restricts posted images to 3mb.

I've edited my download instructions in the first post, make sure you save "linked file" and not try to save as an image. Image will come out at 29Kb, linked file will come out a 2.9mb

Jez

Post by Jez »

Dave,
I see you have a brake fluid level sensor - a very sensible addition, particularly for those with single circuit brakes. Were you able to find a sensor to fit the standard master cylinder or do you have some other arrangement?

Cheers - Jez
Jez Stow
1960 Daimler Dart
and a few other toys

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Its amazing when you restore a car how much money some of the small bit seem to cost, then occasionally something comes along which fits the purpose exactly and costs a fraction of what you thought it would be. The brake fluid level sensor has been one of them, it fits the Grilling tin reservoir thread without modification, its the perfect length and alarms at half empty and all for £12.00.

Here's the link if you fancy one:

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/ ... -fly-leads

Cheers Dave