Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

MoT exemption

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: MoT exemption

Post by grahamemmett »

I think the important points are:
If you are getting an MOT then you need do nothing.
If you are not getting an MOT then you must fill out the exemption form.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, slightly off subject, but it’s obvious that there are Chaps on this thread who may be able to provide some answers.
My ex wife informed me a couple of days ago, that she had received a communication addressed to my son, from the DVLA at her address.
It stated that according to their records that a Fiat 127 3 Door Hatchback ( 127 Sport) Reg SAF 31Y ,that my son was the registered keeper, however they had received an application to record that someone else was the registered keeper !
Well this particular car was written off in a quite serious accident way back around mid 1990, and as far as we were concerned , it was taken off to be scrapped .
I telephoned the DVLA and explained the situation, the chap informed that the applicant had all the relevant Chassis No details .
I suggested that they send one of their chaps to inspect the vehicle in case my sons car had been cloned!
I also did a Taxation check , and Tax was due on 1st of Feb 1991, so I wonder what is going on??
The car was extensively damaged, with the NSF wheel nearly entering the passengers footwell, and the Roof was also deformed , quite apart from the mechanical damage to the suspension / Gearbox etc so would not thought worth trying to repair , so like I said what’s going on ???

Your thought please !,

Cheers Al

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

JT7196 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 pm Hi, slightly off subject, but it’s obvious that there are Chaps on this thread who may be able to provide some answers.
My ex wife informed me a couple of days ago, that she had received a communication addressed to my son, from the DVLA at her address.
It stated that according to their records that a Fiat 127 3 Door Hatchback ( 127 Sport) Reg SAF 31Y ,that my son was the registered keeper, however they had received an application to record that someone else was the registered keeper ,although he had actually emimigrated to Australia in circa 1998. !

!
Well this particular car was written off in a quite serious accident way back around mid 1990, and as far as we were concerned , it was taken off to be scrapped .
I telephoned the DVLA and explained the situation, the chap informed that the applicant had all the relevant Chassis No details .
I suggested that they send one of their chaps to inspect the vehicle in case my sons car had been cloned!
I also did a Taxation check , and Tax was due on 1st of Feb 1991, so I wonder what is going on??
The car was extensively damaged, with the NSF wheel nearly entering the passengers footwell, and the Roof was also deformed , quite apart from the mechanical damage to the suspension / Gearbox etc so would not thought worth trying to repair , so like I said what’s going on ???

Your thought please !,

Cheers Al

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

The earliest R & P fittings except for the private factory conversion under Jaguar in the early 60's were in the mid 70's. I remember a Scottish rally at Doune in 75 or76 where a R & P converted SP appeared using a Triumph 2.5 PI rack, it increased the turns lock to lock and so was lighter on the steering at rest but not at speed. Having driven an MGB I found that at speed it was heavier than the SP at speed, I had fitted a new adjustable column and box to my car a couple of years earlier so decided there was no real requirement for R & P and still don't.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

Just an addition to the above, there will be few R & P conversions until the 80's as the value of the SP was fairly low compared to other classics, I bought mine in 71 for £600 and the one I used for racing £345, there were no kits and those early ones were built by those that could make the brackets and fit themselves. The cost of having the conversion made and fitted commercially would be about a third to half the cost of the value of the car, therefore most would have been started in the late 80's and 90's and most after that when the cars value rose above £20K and the new owners were those that could or would pay for the conversion, I doubt if any conversions have documentation except in the form of receipts for the commercially acquired .
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Xxx