Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Rear Bumper Mounting rubbers.

Pinto

Rear Bumper Mounting rubbers.

Post by Pinto »

I am looking for replacement rear bumper mounting rubbers. My 1964 Daimler saloon has been bumped in the rear and damaged the rubbers. I can't find a part number on any web site.
Regards from down under.
David B.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Rear Bumper Mounting rubbers.

Post by tjt77 »

the rear bumper mounts are the self same item as the front engine mounts for both jaguar mk2 and daimler v8 saloon (and other jaguars from same period) ..very easy to source.. you can find them on fleabay and a numerous other places..
Id suggest if the rear bumper has taken a whack, its almost certainly bent and if so, it will be a devil of a job to get new mounts to fit..
always remember the 'cause and effect' scenario..
always chase the threads and put anti size on them as well as testing that the nuts will thread all the way without resistance.. and make sur must holes in new mounts are large enough (they are often partially blocked by rubber from the moulding) and drill to size if required.. its a very tight fit to get to some of the hardware.. especially the front of the rear bumper mounts..those at back a little easier..

Pinto

Re: Rear Bumper Mounting rubbers.

Post by Pinto »

Hi tjt77,
Thanks for your reply and fitting recommendations.
David B.