Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 A-Posts

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: SP250 A-Posts

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Someone with access to the complete library would be the ideal person to upload the articles. I have only a few that were relevant to my needs plus a list of all the articles available. I imagine the originals were stored on Wilf's computer, but it's possible that someone else has a full set - Laurence Jones perhaps?

After a decent interval perhaps the family could be approached with a view to acquiring copies and to gain permission for their dissemination?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Wasn't Thinking. Let me know if it should be reposted please.
Totally missed the obvious.
Last edited by Feathers on Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

smithgor

Post by smithgor »

Wilf kindly sent me these last year:-

Brakes Service & Upgrades (Tech notes 4).
Door hinges and their adjustment
Door Latches etc, from forum.
Electronic Ignition
Grille and Surround: Fitting to Car
Headlamps (Technical Notes 2)
Nuts,Bolts, Spanners & Tightening Torques
Power Steering (4 docs)
Soft-top: Fitting Canopy to Frame
Soft-top: Folding (illustated)
Wheels: Steel, Wire and Minilite
Wheel Trims: 'Ace' full discs
Wiring Diagram (Redrawn, much improved)

Likewise I can email to anyone who has a need, but would like (access to at least) the whole library in due course if that can be arranged.

Gordon

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Wilf was such a prolific writer and had such a generous nature that he always gave permission to share his articles, which are in the main only of interest to SP250 owners.

Would it not be more ethical and fair, given all the work that Wilf put in over the years, to perhaps publish his articles in a booklet or CD to be sold at a modest price, the profits from which could perhaps be given to his family to donate to a charity of their choice? Syd

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Vortex O'Plinth wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:30 pm After a decent interval perhaps the family could be approached with a view to acquiring copies and to gain permission for their dissemination?
Perhaps someone who is a close friend of Wilf's wife could decide when it's appropriate to ask her. If they are sent to me on a cd I can upload them to the forum server and anyone can then download whichever they want.

Or, as suggested above, a cd is for sale, but then someone has to decide how many cds to produce and store and send out and eventually create more after they are all sold.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

There are channels to approach Wilf's wife. Either Matthew Waterhouse or John Ridley who attended the funeral.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Marc Mears

Post by Marc Mears »

I have quite a few as well .. see list
Attachments
wilf 2.jpg
wilf 1.jpg
Daimler Dart. Healey 3000 Mk3. VW T2 Camper. BMW 2002tii. 996 Turbo. BMW Z3M. Hillman Tilly. Rolls Royce 20/25. XK 150 ots .BMW 3.0 CSL 73. Sunbeam Alpine Mk3.Morris 8 Tourer. 97 XK8 Convertible.Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Citroen Mehari

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

In Wilf's memory perhaps we could have a section devoted to them on here for people to share so that all his excellent advice is not lost or forgotten.
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

watkindj wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:05 pm In Wilf's memory perhaps we could have a section devoted to them on here for people to share so that all his excellent advice is not lost or forgotten.
Yes, I'm willing to make a sub-forum for Wilf's files, but I want to wait until someone has asked his widow for permission to publish them, and for someone to send them to me on a cd.

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

John-B wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm
watkindj wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:05 pm In Wilf's memory perhaps we could have a section devoted to them on here for people to share so that all his excellent advice is not lost or forgotten.
Yes, I'm willing to make a sub-forum for Wilf's files, but I want to wait until someone has asked his widow for permission to publish them, and for someone to send them to me on a cd.
Agreed John, In respect of Wilf and all his hard work I hope permission is gained.
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk