Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Drive shaft puller

Ronniet55

Drive shaft puller

Post by Ronniet55 »

Hi, I was told & lent a universal slide hammer in order to do this but it doesn't fit
Does any body know what is the correct tool to do this?
Also, are they available to hire or does anybody have one that I could hire from them (I would expect to pay a deposit as security for it's return)
Any help will be much appreciated as replacing the oil seals is one of the last couple of jobs before the car goes off to paint & rebuilt engine being fitted
regards
Ron

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Drive shaft puller

Post by simonp »

Contact Barry Thorne. Is you car fitted with wires of steel wheels - different hubs.

Borrowed one last year.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I think the OP has a V8 250 - although Barry may well have a suitable tool.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Hi Ron,
If you are referring to the rear axle half shaft, I use a series of sleeves and utilize the hub locking nut to withdraw the half shaft.
I do not know if this would work with wire wheels, as I do not have them.

Dave.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Im fairly sure that someone on this site has the correct tool to pull the hubs ..as is suggested above..different tool for wire wheel hubs..
the hub sits on a taper with a keyway.. sometimes they are VERY tight.. sometimes its possible to remove the steel wheel hub with a plate and utilization of the existing hub nut..or a plate right across and use of wheel nuts .. but the 'correct' tool makes the job far less challenging.. unfortunately this is not a 'pleasant' job to perform...

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Hi Ron,
Is it the hub or the half shaft you are wanting to extract?
There seems to be some confusion here .Also, do you have wire wheels?

Dave.