Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Larry Ligas SP250 racing Dart

Marcus

Larry Ligas SP250 racing Dart

Post by Marcus »

All,

Forum member Ozzsp250 ( thanks!) put me onto this guy called Larry Ligas and his racing dart. I have attached a You tube link to one race recorded from the cockpit of his Dart. This car is incredibly quick! The fist few minutes are a warm up lap but when the hammer drops Larry leaves a number of Porsches and other racing machinery in his wake. Its worth watching. I think by the way he celebrates that he actually wins.
I have also attached a clip of an interview with him. He obviously has a lot of affection for this car having owned it since he was 15. I had seen still pictures of this car but nothing prepared me for how this thing moves!!

I hope you enjoy the action.

Sonus

Re: Larry Ligas SP250 racing Dart

Post by Sonus »

Mr. Ligas is a very friendly guy as well. I have spoken to him numerous times regarding the engine in his SP250-racer. He has been more than happy to share his knowledge. He also runs a company called Predator Performance. You can find them and follow them on facebook.

Here is the article on his racer at Britishracecar.com website
http://www.britishracecar.com/LarryLiga ... -SP250.htm

And here is the Predator Performance facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Predator-Perfo ... 211799418/

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks Sonus for the additional information. I would love to know more of the technical detail behind this car. I will take a look at the links. As I am so far away from my own cars ( they are in the UK, I am in Hong Kong) finding stuff to watch on YouTube has to suffice in terms of alleviating the desire to get into the garage. Right now I want to drill some holes in my bonnet and fit a set of webbers!! :)

Thanks

Marcus

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

This is one of the headers (pictures change if you wait):
dashboard-animated15.gif
I thought he was a bit rough with the gear changes, but that's how they always do it. He jammed it up into first with a crunch - doesn't he know to go into second first, then up into first?

I'm a bit surprised he beat up the Porches. What was he trying to say to the black Porches was he waving in anger or just being friendly?

It reminded me of me on the M4 in about 1970 when I saw the speedo reach 134 mph. The girl in the passenger seat didn't say a word, perhaps she was frozen stiff. I lifted off the pedal at that speed even though the car seemed to want more, but passing other cars doing 70 in a flash seemed risky. At that speed the car ran very smoothly, almost flying, but the engine was screaming!

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

ha ha - I think I'd be scared doing 70 in mine let alone 130 plus/ I'd expect 8 pistons to make their own holes in the bonnet!!

Dan62SP250

Post by Dan62SP250 »

Hello everyone,
Here is a write-up on Larry's racing SP250. It apparently runs a Jericho competition 4-speed gearbox. For some reason, I thought it had a Sunbeam Tiger rear axle assembly, but the article says Austin Healey 3000.

http://www.britishracecar.com/LarryLiga ... -SP250.htm

Thank you for posting the video - agreed it is quite fast!

Best regards,
Dan

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Hi Marcus, Unfortunately the first video footage is from the cockpit of his super fast E Type not the Daimler.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

ddstewie wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:20 am Hi Marcus, Unfortunately the first video footage is from the cockpit of his super fast E Type not the Daimler.
Oh dear. I'd love to hear the different engine sound of the Daimler.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

ill find it!! :)

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Try again!!!

[Marcus, you can use the Video tags, at the right end of the icons above the post window]