Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Chassis Plate

Warsash 2

Chassis Plate

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
Whilst the engine was out it came apparent that the chassis number plate has rotted out.
I have been in touch with the DVLA and they advise getting a replacement made.
Anyone any idea what they look like and where I can get one from.
Regards

Colin

fireboss

Re: Chassis Plate

Post by fireboss »

Colin:

I got mine from Laurence, is a S/S one.

Bruce

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

On the SP they look like this.....
1-P1070175-001.JPG
Rust, subsequent shot blasting and powder coating have rendered mine pretty illegible.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

reproduction chassis or vin plates are available from most established suppliers such as D Manners. ..they come unstamped though so you either have to find someone to stamp it up or purchase a set of number stamps to do it yourself.. be aware the the plates for the saloons are NOT acid etched as the originals..they are printed ..but are accurate otherwise and look the same to the untrained eye.

fireboss

Post by fireboss »

It's been a few years but when Lawrence sold me mine I gave him the VIN number and it was done. Nice job too.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I posted a similar question last year when after nearly 10 years without a plate, I went to my usual MOT testing station and the "new" boy tester asked where he could find the chassis plate, there isn't one I said, it rusted away, then I can't test the car he replied. I protested that his predecessor had passed the car half a dozen times without a plate, but he would not budge.

Unfortunately I had left the renewal notice on the kitchen top 8 miles away in my haste to make the time for the test, so could not take up his suggestion of making one out of card and sticking it on with sellotape for the test.

I have had 4 SP250's in the past, not one of them has had a proper chassis plate left, all had rusted away.

So be warned if you want the car MOT tested you "probably" need a plate of some sort.

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

There's a chap called Leroy who runs a company called Vintage Ltd near Doncaster. You could ask him if he could assist

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

Predictive text can be an irritation. The company is Vintags Ltd

Bud

Post by Bud »

Would Vintags do the correct 737- body tags?
Do they have a website?

Thanks

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »