Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 Junkie

Post by V8 Junkie »

Hi all
Please allow me to introduce myself to the Forum.My name is Philip and have just purchased my 4th Daimler SP which is a 1960 A spec that will be sharing my garage with my ,65 V8 fastback Mustang
Looking forward to sharing experiences and views of these very special cars
Regards
Philip
daimler-dart-sp250_37225.jpg

V8 Junkie

Re: Newbie

Post by V8 Junkie »

Just read my post :roll: I mean,t that I have owned 3 other Dart,s over the years ;) must have been having a senior moment 😁

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Welcome to the forum Phillip, like you I have owned four SP's over the years in different states of togetherness, two in fact came from Hastings, your neck of the woods. Bought on fleabay 10 years ago for just over £7,000.

I hope you find the forum interesting, it is a most useful source of information and if you have a problem to be solved first use the search facility and if all else fails ask a question you will get an answer within 24 hours in most cases.

Hope all goes well with your new car and that you will enjoy owning it. Syd

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Hi Philip, There are lots of SP250 owners on this forum to help with any problem and don't forget we recently got 93 Word files written by Wilf Stephens who restored lots of cars and made notes at the time.

Most of his articles were written some time ago and so there may be more modern ways to do certain things but they are a good starting place. Remember that his way of repairing a problem may not be the only way and may not work in your case, but he was a fount of knowledge. Read them here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3519

Your car VWV 789 is listed in PasSPort (the SP250 register) as living in West Yorkshire owned by Ian Day so you may wish to contact the registrar Laurence Jones, see http://www.daimlersp250dartownersclub.com/contacts/

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Hello Philip, and welcome to the forum and the joys - or in your case, further joys - of SP ownership.

The SP and Mustang are a nice pairing.....
1-P1280842.JPG
...although in my case the Mustang is less of a Classic.
Last edited by Vortex O'Plinth on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Hello Phillip,
The scenery around your lovely Dart looks like it may be North Yorkshire. If it was I hope you had a pleasant time purchasing the car.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !