Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 keys

Paulkennedy

SP250 keys

Post by Paulkennedy »

I have mislaid one of my sets of ignition, door and boot keys, where can I go to get replacements please.
Paul Kennedy

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: SP250 keys

Post by simonp »

I think David Manners should have them. Do you have the key numbers. Lots of keys for a small car!

Simonp
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Paul, Ebay is your friend as long as you have the numbers. The ignition is usually stamped on the lock, the door and boot will be stamped on the cylinder which means a strip down to find is, numbers are likely to start with FS Syd

Josef Eckert

Post by Josef Eckert »

When they are the original locks, all four locks, ignition, glove box, door, boot should have the same key number. At least on my car they are matching. So you need only the number on the ignition lock.
Josef Eckert

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I used rkeys https://www.replacementkeys.co.uk/vehic ... ic-car?p=2 successfully in 2013 £7.90 plus p&p £1.92 plus VAT for two keys (the codes start with FP).

Paulkennedy

Post by Paulkennedy »

Thank you all for your help, I have sourced them on eBay. I think I must have had a senior moment as having driven the SP during the day I put it away in the garage and locked up. The following day went to get the keys nowhere to be found hunted high and low a complete mystery.
Paul

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Just to add.. the original 'willmot breedon'/union keys are back in production and easy to find new..the lettering is slightly different to originals and they are stamped WBH (willmot breedon holdings) ..ebay a good source to find them.
For those in USA seeking 'NOS' original keys locally there are several suppliers.. Pete Groh @ 'britishcarkeys.com' has most of them in original format..
if you happen to have an ignition switch with no number on its face, the actual key number can be found by removing the barrel ..this requires removing the switch, finding the hole for spring loaded pin that holds barrel in place, depressing the location pin with a small rod (apporx 3/32" maximum) and gently easing the barrel out.. the number is located on the outer edge of barrel near the front.

Ian Hastings

Post by Ian Hastings »

If you have just lost one set of your keys take the other set into your local locksmith and he will cut you new ones in a few moments.

Paulkennedy

Post by Paulkennedy »

Replacement keys bought on eBay. I found the lost set in our everyday car in a small lidded compartment, I must of put them there while shuffling cars round.
Thanks for the replies
Paul

JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Sounds like a tale for next Monday, Paul :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec